Lidl Silvercrest Sewing Machine

Comments

• nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Hi.

I bought the lidl one. I have used it alot since and made sock monkeys, napkins, a bag tidy as well as fixing clothes. I love it and it is still going strong. I do have to service it but thats just putting the oil provided where it says in the instructions. I havent used the brother one so cant comment on which is best but i am very happy with my lidl one. :D
  • My DH has bought me this machine for my Christmas :) I really cant wait to get it open and try it out!! Ive only ever tried sewing once or twice when I was little. Normally I pass all my clothes up to my mum to alters them kindly for me. Really cant wait to start alterations myself, and using my imagination to create wonderful things for the home. :)

I've already been collecting ideas, and jotting down some good blogs to help with ideas :)
    I'm a Debt Free Wannabe :) PAID £4400/£6100 = 72.1% Busted!
  • avstar
    avstar Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh fab, sure it will be great forgottendreams, my machine cost £45 from Aldi and I've made loads of stuff on it inc awkward fabric :rotfl:
    Aldi &Lidl do great electricals for the price.
    Eventually I'd like to upgrade my machine but for now it's fab :j
  • Hi All,

I'm new to sewing, never used a sewing machine before.
    Lidl will have their Silvercrest one on sale on Thursday and I'm considering buy it.
    I'd wanted the Singer they had a couple of months ago but missed it.
    Can the lovely people who bought one previously please tell us about their experience with their purchase?

Thank you.
  • I turned up at Lidl at 8am this morning to buy one of these machines, another customer was picking one up at the same time. I expect at this price they will fly off the shelves.
    I have never used a sewing machine before, but the instructions look fairly comprehensive (gulp!) and at least they are in English,
    The machine looks sturdy for the price, with tons of stitches which I'll never use and handy accessories. However, it was the cheapest on the market. Will it last? Time will tell. At least it has a 3 year warranty, for what its worth.
    Doesnt seem to be anything flimsy about it, unlike many others at this price.
  • Another one who has purchased this today after reading reviews. Can't wait to get it set up.
  • I bought one at 8:15am yesterday too. Very pleased. Never used a sewing machine before but I'm eager to learn!!
  • :(

Oh dear had to take it back as it would not work and ther were no more left.
  • Will try mine this week.
  • mapcr77
    mapcr77 Posts: 667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got one today. A few left in Leatherhead. Trying to get to grips with it, as a total newbie, I'm finding it hard! Any tips and suggestions welcome.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport