PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Tenants

Comments

• Fbird
    Fbird Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 9:33PM
    Pretty much every car has an enthusiastic subculture. Sounds like the BMW enthusiast has moved in next door.

Tbh what you have described does not sound that bad. Getting power tools out? Not having planning permission? Come on get real.

The tax position is a no go, from what you've described there are no badges of trade here.

Unfortunately we don't always get the neighbours we want. That's life.

Would you like constant Car banging going on next door to you? Going on as late as 9pm! Clouds of Smoke and and awful smells as untaxed and uninsured cars be driven out on to the Street and then on Public Roads in your area?

Hardly Car enthusiasts when these Cars are wrecks?! Long overdue the Crusher! I know what a Car enthusiast is, but these bunch are just !!!!!!!

Like I say, these cars have been MOT failures, and high milers.

The only Person whom needs to get real is yourself. REALITY CHECK!
  • I know all contracts are different, but our tenancy contract with our landlords states that we must not repair/store broken cars on the front of the house, we must not be a noise nuisance to others in the street etc etc. Fortunately we have been here 4 and a half years and we are a very quiet family but unfortunately for you, that's not the same, clearly. Maybe ring the letting agents as you could be waiting a while for the landlord to appear if the agents manage it entirely. Again, four and a half years and we have never met ours. I hope you get your peace back soon.
  • Fbird
    It is just a quiet close, the majority of the residents here are Pensioners, with Bungalows, some detached some semi detached. We've been here about 18 years. But ever seen this House next door went up for let in March, it's just been hell. Never has it been like this in the past.

Anyhow I'm not being ageist, the Tenants are only mid/late 20's, everyone deserves a place to live, but it should be quieter and less smelly/polluted than this (when things do kick off).

I appreciate we cannot all find the Neighbours we'd like, much like you can't choose your Family.

I will see how many more knackered old wrecks appear over the next few months, but in the space of 2 months (3 Cars already).

The Letting Agent could be worth a try, but I don't think they'd provide the outcome we'd hope.

Thanks for your reply.
  • Fbird
    Just been on to the Letting Agent, whom have confirmed, no Landlord would accept:

Storage of Cars
    Scrap Cars
    Car Repairs
    Revving
    Smoke
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Trading standards department of the local council?
  • Fbird
    And now the Letting Agent has responded via Facebook, they thought I was only looking to rent a Garage, and not knowing the T&C for Tenancy due to working in Sales.

I'm being led up the Garden Path (not pun intended).
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fbird wrote: »
    And now the Letting Agent has responded via Facebook, they thought I was only looking to rent a Garage, and not knowing the T&C for Tenancy due to working in Sales.

I'm being led up the Garden Path (not pun intended).

Local council and police next. Cars without MOTs being driven on the road and trading standards.
  • Fbird
    Will look at this shortly thanks, as they are definitely brought here on Trailers, and don't leave on one either.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    This isn't a landlord issue.

Just deal with police or council.
  • Fbird
    Surely there must be some intervention as the Letting Agent supposedly 'vetted' these buffoons, and the Landlord also selects who fits the so called standards/criteria, and selects who also moves in?

However either way I am happy to speak to the Council after a few more incidents.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure