Would you accept unrelenting boredom for £50k p/a?

123457»

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    You said this business exists mainly due to boss and one main client.

How big is the wider market for this kind of service?

Currently it does not scale well as the more you need to do the more people you need.

if this is something that could grow then any productivity gains that give better scaling are the makings of a major business.

it seems that it could make sense for the boss to invest some money if there is growth potential the goal being getting bought out by one of the big players.

even if there are only 3 or 4 employees we are looking at a business with over £1m turnover and gross margins that most business could only dream of.

There is potential here for some people to go from wealthy to rich.
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    McCloud1 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, awfully tempting proposal there.

I would have to spend some time inventing a data-set because everything is on live matters, and I can't just send that out to people I don't know (or people I do know for what it's worth!).

Did you see my earlier post regarding apportionment of 1 numerical entry across several categories? I'm wondering how that can be automated when it's based on my judgment, and sometimes the same words in the same description.

How many cells would you need if I were to put something together?

I am happy to sign an NDA and can assure you that I work in a position trust (Full Time) and also freelance. I think I read somewhere that you have to place info into 1 of 10 categories, so a decent sample would be 100 to 250 lines. PM for contact details and we'll see what we can work out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure