Early JSA payment?

Options
Just after an explanation if anyone knows please.
Friend signed on Friday as normal and usually gets her payment the following Wednesday, however she has just phoned me in bit of a panic as the payment has appeared in her account today! The amount is exactly the same as normal but on her online banking it is preceded by FP then her NI number.
Personally I don't see what the problem is but I said I would ask on here.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dullville wrote: »
    Just after an explanation if anyone knows please.
    Friend signed on Friday as normal and usually gets her payment the following Wednesday, however she has just phoned me in bit of a panic as the payment has appeared in her account today! The amount is exactly the same as normal but on her online banking it is preceded by FP then her NI number.
    Personally I don't see what the problem is but I said I would ask on here.
    FP = fast payment. we can't tell you the reasons why. DWP will be able to. It just means they will have to wait longer for their next payment.
  • Dullville
    Options
    I need to correct my earlier post, today's money had no NI number or the letters JSA attached to the payment, just the the words DWP FP and the exact same amount of money as she usually receives.
    I was wondering could it be anything to do with an application she made for SDP about 5 weeks ago or her 6 months of JSA finishing?
    Very strange.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dullville wrote: »
    I need to correct my earlier post, today's money had no NI number or the letters JSA attached to the payment, just the the words DWP FP and the exact same amount of money as she usually receives.
    I was wondering could it be anything to do with an application she made for SDP about 5 weeks ago or her 6 months of JSA finishing?
    Very strange.
    She could just ring DWP and ask what the payment is for, that would save all the guessing. SDP weekly payment is £62.45
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My suspicion would be that there was a problem when payment was processed on Friday which meant it didn't go through the normal system. Somebody went in manually on Monday and processed the payment manually. Without that intervention payment wouldn't have hit the bank in time.
    Only a guess and as poppy12345 says, the only way to get a definite answer is to phone DWP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure