Rejected

Hi my partner has been rejected for aqua and capital one card. Hes also been declined finance in currys. We cant figure out why. He has a £4000 sofa on hp with his ex partner about 5 years ago but this has always been paid. He used to have a contract phone he always paid. He did have an old bank account with tbs that was constantly overdrawn but hes opened a new one with natwest. Hes on the electrol roll also. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    He needs to get copies of his credit reports from the 3 credit reference agencies. Then he'll be able to see what the lenders who are declining him are seeing.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    He has a £4000 sofa on hp with his ex partner about 5 years ago but this has always been paid.

Has now or had previously?
    Is he financially linked to them?
    He used to have a contract phone he always paid. He did have an old bank account with tbs that was constantly overdrawn but hes opened a new one with natwest.

Did he pay off the overdraft?

Check all 3 files with MSE Credit Club, Clearscore & Noddle.
    Make sure it's the data held over the last 6 years not the score you look at.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • SHill
    SHill Posts: 146 Forumite
    Oh and check yours too..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts