Cant get mortgage due to bankruptcy debts still defaulting

Options
Hi.

Myself and my wife made ourselves bankrupt in June 2013.
We had a number of creditors who settled or partially settled the accounts but Barclays sold both of our credit card debts to a company called PCO Holdco Sarl.

Since those two debts were sold on they have been defaulting and not listed as settled or partially settled.

Roll on yesterday and we decided to look at buying a new home from Anywl. They put us in contact with a mortgage broker who said that he would be able to get us a mortgage with Nationwide if the bankruptcy was more than 3 years ago or with Skipton if more than four years ago.

The problem we have though is they will not give us a mortgage with the defaults from PCO Holdco.

The only other company still defaulting a bankruptcy debt is Halifax.

I'm aware that we can write to the credit controller for Halifax and ask them to settle it but PCO Holdco seem to be based in Belgium?

We are due to give notice on our lease in February and we don't think its fair that we should sign up to more rent if we could get a mortgage.

Quite simply they should have settled or partially settled and we could move on with our lives.

Does anybody have any advice on what we should do and any contacts for PCO Holdco?

Thanks.

Comments

• cjmillsnun
    Options
    You need to write to PCO Holdco and Halifax.

PCO Holdco have a UK based PO Box

P C O Holdco S A R L
    PO Box 546
    BRISTOL
    BS34 9EA

As far as your lease goes, you can go periodic and effectively be month by month. To do this you have to do precisely nothing, as when your current fixed period expires you will automatically go periodic.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • wharty
    wharty Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    @cjmillsnun thanks for the advice.

Regarding the address you gave for PCO I was under the impression that I needed to use the address that PCO Holdco have registered with the ICO?

The address on the ICO website is

Registration Number: Z1907064
    Date Registered: 14 September 2009 Registration Expires: 13 September 2018
    Data Controller: PCO HOLDCO S.A.R.L.
    Address:
    68-70 BOULEVARD DE LA PETRUSSE
    L-2320
    Representative Name:
    KEVIN O'FLAHERTY
    Representative Address:
    PAMPLONA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLP
    25 PARK LANE
    LONDON
    W1K 1RA

Who is the representative and would it help writing to him?

I just want to be sure it goes to the right person straight away and if I complain to the ICO I don't want them saying I should have used the address on their website.

Thanks
  • wharty
    Options
    And who are Pamplona capital management in the above address?
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    wharty wrote: »
    Hi.

Myself and my wife made ourselves bankrupt in June 2013.
    We had a number of creditors who settled or partially settled the accounts but Barclays sold both of our credit card debts to a company called PCO Holdco Sarl.

Since those two debts were sold on they have been defaulting and not listed as settled or partially settled.

Roll on yesterday and we decided to look at buying a new home from Anywl. They put us in contact with a mortgage broker who said that he would be able to get us a mortgage with Nationwide if the bankruptcy was more than 3 years ago or with Skipton if more than four years ago.

The problem we have though is they will not give us a mortgage with the defaults from PCO Holdco.

The only other company still defaulting a bankruptcy debt is Halifax.

I'm aware that we can write to the credit controller for Halifax and ask them to settle it but PCO Holdco seem to be based in Belgium?

We are due to give notice on our lease in February and we don't think its fair that we should sign up to more rent if we could get a mortgage.

Quite simply they should have settled or partially settled and we could move on with our lives.

Does anybody have any advice on what we should do and any contacts for PCO Holdco?

Thanks.

I found PCO holdvo SARL very easy to deal with. I ordered a £2 statutory credit report from equifax, raised a dispute attaching my bankruptcy order and the pdf that the insolvevency service sent me confirming my discharge. A few days later, PCO had updated all 3 agencies and equifax sent me a new report so I could check it had been done correctly, very simple! It’s worth a try anyway.

Don’t get duped into signing up for the monthly credit report, you can get it for free with clear score! It’s a pain finding the £2 stat report on the website but it is there.

Good luck with getting it sorted and the mortgage!

H x
  • wharty
    Options
    I found PCO holdvo SARL very easy to deal with. I ordered a £2 statutory credit report from equifax, raised a dispute attaching my bankruptcy order and the pdf that the insolvevency service sent me confirming my discharge. A few days later, PCO had updated all 3 agencies and equifax sent me a new report so I could check it had been done correctly, very simple! It’s worth a try anyway.

Don’t get duped into signing up for the monthly credit report, you can get it for free with clear score! It’s a pain finding the £2 stat report on the website but it is there.

Good luck with getting it sorted and the mortgage!

H x

Wow thank you!

We have just ordered our Equifax again before you replied lol.

How did you raise the dispute, did you ring Equifax?

I haven't got a PDF from the insolvency service though, how do i get that?

I'm pretty certain i may have some sort of discharge note but no idea where it is?

Do you think i should do the same with Halifax?

Thanks so much Helpmeoutofthismess.
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    Yes I did the same with Halifax and all of my creditors, I just clicked on the ‘dispute this entry’ which was in the accounts section on equifax then copy/pasted the file clean up letter into the dispute. You will need to raise a separate dispute with each entry that needs to be updated.

Just send an email to Discharge.Queries@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk and they'll send you a discharge letter as a pdf.
    give your full name address, dob, court number and NI number.

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport