• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Good morning all

df225a948d1cca7b3f0cc6daf64cf8a0.jpg

Love this picture. I'm trying to decide whether I need these or not :rotfl:
    https://www.therange.co.uk/basket
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Love this picture. I'm trying to decide whether I need these or not :rotfl:
    https://www.therange.co.uk/basket

What are they?

Morning all.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    What are they?

Morning all.

A picture and a lamp shade did you click on the link, I don't know how to show them.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    A picture and a lamp shade did you click on the link, I don't know how to show them.

Yeah, just shows an empty basket. You would have to post links of the direct page each item is on. I know what is there now though, so I am happy. If you want them, get them, life is too short for self-denial.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Yeah, just shows an empty basket. You would have to post links of the direct page each item is on. I know what is there now though, so I am happy. If you want them, get them, life is too short for self-denial.

Permission granted I think I might haha

https://www.therange.co.uk/picture-frames-and-wall-art/posters-prints-and-visual-artwork/canvas-art/suren-nersisyan-gathering-birds-canvas/

https://www.therange.co.uk/furnishings-and-lighting/lighting/table-and-floor-lamps-/lamp-shades/colourful-birds-print-shade/
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hornet girl glad to hear mil is on the road to recovery. Could she go into respite for a few weeks? I think the quicker you can get her out of the hospital the better.
    With regards to her home I'm trying to remember what my dad had. He had a frame around the toilet, a comode for downstairs. Grab rails at the back door and in the bathroom and a Zimmer frame which he hated and would be off without it at any given oppurtunity:rotfl:
    I think the main thing for you to decide is whether you think she will be capable of living on her own, I don't envy you its a horrible decision to make especially with her just becoming a widow too.
    If there's anything you want to know pm me and I'll ask my mum.
    're the respite I'm sure you get something like 6 weeks paid for but if they own their own home you would have to pay the top up. I think there's also a difference as to whether she needs residential care or nursing care.
    And it doesn't come cheap either I'm sure my mum was paying £750 a week :eek:
    Thanks Di. She doesn’t actually live alone, my BIL is there also, but works long hours and often isn’t home until 9pm. It’s more the short term while she recovers fully that we’re initially concerned about, plus what she will get up to during the day when there is nobody else there. Her view will be that she is home from hospital, therefore she must be ok :eek:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning.

A deal noticed on HUKD - £50

A free Google Home device (allegedly worth £129) with a year’s subscription to Telegraph Premium online for £50.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/telegraph-premium-50-per-year-plus-free-google-home-worth-129-2847914

So obviously it is not free, but it seems a reasonable deal?

I haven’t looked at the details and am not sure what Google Home usefully does or if I need one :D.

HTH

Anon
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. I have a day off today and was planning on maxing my android entries but can you tell me if you do a few in succession at the self scan tills is it best to open the envelopes in between each or leave them all until afterwards ? I know it isn't keen if there is less than a minute between each (which seems like a long time to kill if there is a queue!)
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Thanks Di. She doesn’t actually live alone, my BIL is there also, but works long hours and often isn’t home until 9pm. It’s more the short term while she recovers fully that we’re initially concerned about, plus what she will get up to during the day when there is nobody else there. Her view will be that she is home from hospital, therefore she must be ok :eek:

Oh I don't envy you, they become like children, my dad became naughty, well we both have a bit of a wicked sense of humour and he pushed his to the limits at times. I remember the crossroads lady going to sit with him one day so my mum could go out for a couple of hours, she went to get my mum's washing in and whilst she was in the garden my dad got up, he could hardly walk because of the Parkinson's, went across two rooms to the drinks cabinet and poured himself a large glayva:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure