PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Jaglad111 - we'll hit month-end, but we need to hit week-end!
    london.cidade - I'm liking the planning, sounds exciting! I still have all of that to do, as booking anything without a definite completion date is impossible it turns out! :rotfl:
    Solicitor says the completion document is no hint as to whether or not completion will happen tomorrow, everything is done but it's all down to the lenders as to whether they will/can release the funds in time. :eek:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • juniordoc wrote: »
    Do solicitors speak another language to everyone else? Shortly in my book would imply same day or next day.....

Don't worry I am waiting for mine to call be back "as soon as she gets off the phone to the bank" - which was on Tuesday morning.

At least that will explain why the phone always goes straight to voicemail.
    The above facts belong to everybody; the opinions belong to me; the distinction is yours to draw...
  • Some positive news the LPE from the managing agents is back. Seller is in arrears with her service charges but will clear on completion and there are a couple of section 20 works going on next year I didn't know about including external redecorating and rebuilding a dodgy wall but that's all fine.
    Seeing my solicitor tomorrow to sign the contract and hopefully can exchange next week (week 12) all being well with the aim to complete 16/17 Nov.
    On the downside the relentless daily pressure from my live in landlords to give them a moving date so they can get their new tenant to sign a contract is making me ill to the point I've been prescribed Omeprazole for my stomach. We all want a date I just wish they'd leave me alone!
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Cheery Daff; you sound clued up given your current house is a similar age, a surveyor is just going to !!!! cover on everything which I doubt will actually tell you more than you are aware of, why not take a build round with you 2nd viewing and discuss works required and have a good poke about with them, if you've got a builder you have used previously and were happy with even better. It will probably give you a vastly better feedback on issues than a surveyor and be cheaper.

JuniorDoc; that's their terminology for writing it all down in a summary, printing off all the enquiry responses with supporting docs and sending it to you to assess so they can say you have been fully informed before proceeding, it takes a few days to pull it all together so it will come but timescale will depend on any complexities that occurred along the way
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,708 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Cardinal-Red I laughed and laughed at your solicitor being on the phone to the bank since Tuesday :rotfl: My mortgage broker has been 'on the other line' since August! :rotfl:
    Cheery Daff; you sound clued up given your current house is a similar age, a surveyor is just going to !!!! cover on everything which I doubt will actually tell you more than you are aware of, why not take a build round with you 2nd viewing and discuss works required and have a good poke about with them, if you've got a builder you have used previously and were happy with even better. It will probably give you a vastly better feedback on issues than a surveyor and be cheaper.

Good suggestion - although sadly I don't have a friendly builder - we've spent the last two years doing DIY :rotfl: I'm probably as good as anyone else at judging what might be wrong :rotfl:

Searches are all back apparently :j :j :j Just waiting for our mortgage now :eek:
  • OMG I completed!

Some of you may have seen my threads recently on this matter. It was a 12 month process. But things came together today.

I think I feel like dying of shock or just breathing an enormous sigh of relief that I am moving this weekend!!!
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    london1990 wrote: »
    OMG I completed!

Some of you may have seen my threads recently on this matter. It was a 12 month process. But things came together today.

I think I feel like dying of shock or just breathing an enormous sigh of relief that I am moving this weekend!!!
    Yeah saw your other post but could not read it as you'd unhelpfully deleted it.

thanks for that!
  • Well we attempted to exchange today, and it got to the top of our very long chain, and their Sol wasnt available!!:mad:

Going to try again tomorrow hopefully, am I right in that it has to start again from the bottom? Or is it just paused at the top and will come back down again?
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    tallsmithy wrote: »

Going to try again tomorrow hopefully, am I right in that it has to start again from the bottom? Or is it just paused at the top and will come back down again?

Starts all over again I'm afraid.
  • G_M wrote: »
    Yeah saw your other post but could not read it as you'd unhelpfully deleted it.

thanks for that!

Thanks for the well wishes too, sorry you're such an a33.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback