Amazon Logistics (rant)

Options

Comments

• evenasus
    evenasus Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    evenasus wrote: »
    I ordered an item delivered, supposedly, by Amazon Logistics.
    When I checked the tracking, it said the item had been handed to the resident and even quoted my name.
    No it flipping well wasn't! I was in the whole day.
    I hit the 'phone me back' button on their website and received a call seconds later.
    Have to admit they couldn't have been more helpful. The chap appologised and made a refund to my Amazon gift card straight away.

Either the driver stole the item or he delivered it to the wrong house. We're the first house in the road, so I think it unlikely a wrong house delivery.

The Amazon Logistics driver has just now delivered the parcel that he supposedly delivered 9 days ago.

The Amazon returns information doesn't cover returning an item that was refunded as not delivered but then delivered later.
    The other problem is, the item has the message 'This item is not eligible for return.' It's Colloidal Silver.

I would phone but I don't want them to reinstate the charge. I just want to return the item.

Anyone experienced the same problem?
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    The Amazon Logistics driver has just now delivered the parcel that he supposedly delivered 9 days ago.

The Amazon returns information doesn't cover returning an item that was refunded as not delivered but then delivered later.
    The other problem is, the item has the message 'This item is not eligible for return.' It's Colloidal Silver.

I would phone but I don't want them to reinstate the charge. I just want to return the item.

You should have refused delivery then he would have returned it for you.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Amazon will know that it's been delivered, of course, so best to tell them what's happened and ask them to arrange for a collection, mentioning the type of item.

They'll do one of three things:

Ask you to return by some means or another, and they'll refund the cost.

Arrange to collect.

Allow you to keep it.
  • GreatBeyond
    Options

They would only reinstate the charge if you didn't return it or get in touch to let them know that you would like to return it.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Amazon will know that it's been delivered, of course

I think your expectation of the shambles that is Amazon Logistics are far too high. What Amazon know, what Amazon Logistics know, and reality are often three separate things.
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    I think your expectation of the shambles that is Amazon Logistics are far too high. What Amazon know, what Amazon Logistics know, and reality are often three separate things.

Of course Amazon know! If OP checks her account I'm sure she'll see on the tracking that the parcel has now been delivered.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Of course Amazon know! If OP checks her account I'm sure she'll see on the tracking that the parcel has now been delivered.

Well isn't that just the point, it was listed as delivered 9 days ago.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well isn't that just the point, it was listed as delivered 9 days ago.

I think you'll find that Amazon has access to a lot more information from AL than the customer.
  • ThumbRemote
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I think you'll find that Amazon has access to a lot more information from AL than the customer.

In which case why isn't the item now showing as delivered on the online system, and allowing the poster to return it?
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    In which case why isn't the item now showing as delivered on the online system, and allowing the poster to return it?

Because it's not eligible for return as it contains a prohibited substance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback