Estate agent fees

If banks sold PPI illegally what about estate agents. My estate agent for my last house was % of the sale of my house. Without agreeing I was told they could not sell my house. So they got over £3,000 when my house sold. I did all the running round took photos etc. When I asked my solicitor was there any other way of getting round this she said no that's the standard. Whilst I understand the need to pay a bill for services rendered, £500 would have more that covered this....how do I reclaim the money.

Comments

• Listen to your solicitor, what she says is correct.
    £500 would have more that covered this
    I doubt it, how do you know the EAs costs?
    how do I reclaim the money
    You don't. Didn't you sign a contract?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If banks sold PPI illegally

Banks have not sold illegally. Whilst the banks did missale, it was not a breach of law.
    .how do I reclaim the money.

You don't. Your solicitor has already told you.

You pay what your contract says. It doesnt matter if you believe it costs £500 in work and you paid £3000. You agreed £3000. Plus, you wont have all the regulatory costs, legal costs, staffing costs, utility, rent, computers, timewasting costs etc.

Whilst EAs are moving towards fixed or capped costs, there is nothing wrong with percentage based costs.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure