Has any one used Which site to claim?

Options
Hi all

I was looking at the Which site and see that it appears you can enter details there and they will submit your claim for free to the PPI provider, has anyone used this and had success? or is there a catch and they charge you? I don't want to have to pay someone else to do this for me and give them a percentage of any claim received

Thanks
paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has any one used Which site to claim?

Why would you?
    it appears you can enter details there and they will submit your claim for free to the PPI provider,

if you complain directly to the PPI provider its free. All Which do is send it to the same address you would send it to.
    has anyone used this and had success?

It would neither increase or decrease your chances of success as the same staff members at the bank/firm will deal with the complaint and it follows the identical process. It just adds a few more days. Plus, some third party complaint tools do seem to drop off data or supply incomplete data.
    I don't want to have to pay someone else to do this for me and give them a percentage of any claim received

Does your lender not have a web page on their site covering PPI complaints?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    the reason being that they send it on i dont have to look up all the addresses as i have quite a few to claim from
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Google the website, go to the website, complain online.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure