Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,613
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Was in the right place at the right time today.
    Wanted to get a Sanctuary set for my bestie from B@@ts.
    I had gone into B@@ts on Tuesday to pick up my top up bits I had ordered in their clearance sale online but had forgot my vouchers so decided to pop in today.
    Got some extra bits for my DD for uni and then found that the Sanctuary sets were not only reduced to 75% off but on a 3 for 2 aswell. I ended up with £105 of Sanctuary sets for £17.
    My mum doesn't really leave her house now due to ill health and has several friends/helpers going in so I knew that some of the sets would make ideal presents for them.
    I drove straight round to my mum's after, laid all the sets out on the settee. She had a fine old time picking sets out she wanted for people, I think she is planning to wrap them tonight.
    After the set for my bestie we had one set left which we are going to donate as a charity prize.
    So it really was a win win situation today, with extra points aswell because of my vouchers and even I've done some wrapping tonight.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Apologies - been missing in action.... just seems to have been a bad few weeks one way and another, last weekend was a year since we lost dad. Getting there slowly.

Bargain hunting,,,, if you have a card warehouse - they have a sale area, items that are £1

(I've got)
    Set of 2 boxed pearl wedding anniversary glasses (£5)
    Set of 2 pens boxed (£3)
    Matching leather notebook £2

They also have 3 items for £1, generally £1 items.

Hope everyone is ok, plodding along trying to tidy the house us, in the last week, gutted dining room, my bedroom, miss hoodies bedroom, outside storage ..

From this - had 3 runs to the tip, 3 bin bags for charity shop, odds and sods on f/b sellers.

Xx
    Even more good news... finally got the ppi money throu, paid the rest off the car, it's gorgeous. It's 7 yr old Peugeot 207, it's new to me, then £1.5k going up for Cuba for next yr.
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Really need to watch the pennies and get some bargains put away now. I handed in my resignation at work! Not going back at the end of maternity. Woo. Hated the place. 11 years of misery. Feels amazing to know I don't have to go back, but terrifying at the same place. It'll be very tight, but we will manage. Husband has a good job and it will still work out better than if I were going back and we had to have a full time nursery.
    Not got any bits to put away recently. But have found a few bits cheap of Ali express for party decorations, bags, balloons. All ready for her 1st. Rather than paying more here. Need to start again. Glad I had a good head start the rest of the year.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning all,

Hope you don't mind me joining in.
    I've already started on Christmas. So far have a book for dad , £1 from Poundland, legal thriller which I think he will like. I also picked up two huge Bayliss and Harding bubble baths for the mums from the charity shop £3.49. I've also got MIL some slippers.
    Finding it hard to concentrate on Christmas as we have 6 birthdays in June:eek:
    I bought my daughter a nice gift set yesterday from Origins. Not cheap but £36 for a total of £70 worth of products. She has very sensitive skin but I know she loves Origins, and I love her :)
    I shall pop into Aldi today for a mooch and thanks for the heads up on Card Warehouse Mum2One I shall pop in later.
    Have a good Friday all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Forumite
    Doing really well with Christmas, just really struggling with my DB and top up presents now. Some general presents I can't get till nearer Christmas-I always get the M&S biscuits for thank you presents when they are on special offer.
    Just saving up for the living room and some other decorating to be done.
    Planning to get it done when my DD has her first reading week (early November)when she goes to uni so that she can look after the cats in her room while decorating can be done.
    Have said she can put the tree up after which is mega early in my books but I can't get the decorations out on my own and we don't know when she will be home next before Christmas. DD is very happy about this as she loves Christmas and I don't have to stress about Christmas while the decorating is happening (hate DIY at the best of times), I can just pack up presents ready to send and prepare Christmas cards.
    That's the plan....but the best laid plans!!!!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Forumite
    Despite the glorious weather, I've bought a few more top up presents and have been wrapping. Had to wrap presents for a family member from myself, DB etc so thought I might do an extra bit of wrapping.
    So far everything is going good and I get to deliver the presents to the family member on Saturday-still have their Christmas 2016 and birthday presents, keep moving them around the spare bedroom so want them delivered and out of the way now.
    I hope everyone's Christmas preparations are going well x
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317
    Forumite
    I feel like I'm really behind at the moment, compared with other years. So yesterday, I bought DSis a purse and BIL a powerbank for his phone. Both items were TK Maxx.

It's probably the most I've done in a couple of months.
  • I'm behind too. Got a few small bits in the catch kidston sale a few days back. But that's all I've done in ages.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Happy_Kitties
    Forumite
    DB all finished, found a couple of quirky top up presents for him that I know he will like. So chuffed, he is always nearly the last to be finished as I really struggle.
    I'm over two thirds done now which I'm really happy with as I have a landmark birthday in August, I want to start saving for Prague and my saving for my decorating has come to a full stop.
    This is the first year I've really felt in control and prepared, if I can keep this up in the future, it will save me so much, especially with some major surgery coming up at some point in the future.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    DB all finished, found a couple of quirky top up presents for him that I know he will like. So chuffed, he is always nearly the last to be finished as I really struggle.
    I'm over two thirds done now which I'm really happy with as I have a landmark birthday in August, I want to start saving for Prague and my saving for my decorating has come to a full stop.
    This is the first year I've really felt in control and prepared, if I can keep this up in the future, it will save me so much, especially with some major surgery coming up at some point in the future.

Any room in the suitcase for Prague, love it there xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family