July 2013 - Take Your Lunch To Work Thread

Options

Comments

• NatNat1977
    NatNat1977 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    My lunch is the same as yesterday! Boring I know but I liked it! I'm off over the river again to eat it away from the shops and temptation!
    I will pay off my overdraft in 2013!!!!
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today I'm having Brown Pasta with Roasted Veg & Feta - Yum

Made up a home last night
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Shortie wrote: »
    Lushlifesaver, that sounds like Mr Shortie, who happily has any kind of dinner between two bits of bread :D

Me? I was more organised last night - woo hoo! I have a small bag of popcorn with me I got 3 small bags out of one micr pack, so I suspect my eldest will have one in his lunch box today. Plus I made some jelly (which I promptly forgot to put into the fridge in work when I got in so it's now slightly mushy runny jelly. Yuuuuummmmm - not)

Breakfast was a banana - I'm officially bored of having these now but I really need to rethink breakfast. Even at home I get stuck with breakfast and often skip it, whoops. I'm not a fan of cereals unless it's bran flakes and toast gets boring (and we have no toaster in work anyway).

Lunch is bread and butter again. I'm almost embarrassed to abmit that today this was a conscious choice rather than being to late to sort anything out. I enjoyed it more than I probably should have yesterday and today it's even tastier as it's the bread ends which I like but are usually too filling when coupled with a 'proper' filling too!

Oh - and I have an apple to munch as well as the popcorn for a snack later

Well I think it is the hot weather gone one better than your bread and butter lunch - Marmalade butties are the best. Paddington Bear was right all along :j
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry for the radio silence today, lots going on in work, I woke up pooped this morning and slept on my train in instead of posting my food for the day. Then today was a munch while working between meetings kind of day.

So, today WAS.... banana for breakfast (this will be an issue tomorrow as depending what the kids had for breakfast we might now have run out of them. More burger cous cous (yum) and an apple
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    Options
    Breakfast here was an easiyo yoghurt with half a banana, then a bowl of Dorset Cereals muesli with milk from work's fridge. Lunch is cous cous/avocado/chick pea salad. Tea will be feta and pea frittata with potato wedges and mushy peas.
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Breakfast was peanut butter and strawberry jam on toast - really wanted it even though it hurt my throat 9I'm still suffering!)

Lunch has been a quick salad; lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber chunks, a diced boiled egg and a diced up piece of chicken which was leftover from Monday night. Also 2 biscuits from the kitchen (left by the plat man) although they hurt my throat so slightly regretting them!

Tea will be leftovers from last nights tea (chile con pollo) with rice.

I made half a dozen or so portions of beef chile last night in the slow cooker so will portion that up and freeze (two portions per pot so lunch for 2 days each time I lift one out). Will have it with toast or rice at work whenever I have it
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear your throat is still feeling pants Lushlifesaver :( Hope things start to improve soon x

Ah man it's not been a fab couple of days - just busy and not too happy with some atuff going on in work so my head's not been in the right place

We ran out of bananas so yesterday's breakfast was bread and butter (I figured cheaper and healthier than a fry up from the work canteen. Then lunch was yimmy left overs of ricr and peas with chicken and veg kebabs. Snack was a few strawbs, an apple and a snack a jack

Today we have a leaving lunch so am buying lunch and have decided to just go with it today and I'll buy fruit, yog and granola combo in work for breakfast. I should feel bad but I'm happy with thia being my only spend this month compared to other months :) I wil need to borrow out of a savings pot though and I'm desperate not to goo overdrawn this month and I have a princely £4 in my current account right now lol!
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Today I have pea and lentil soup, we have no freezer so every time I buy frozen garden peas for DS's weekend dinners (he eats at nursery during the week) I have to think about what to do with the rest! Soup is yummy though, and so simple, have more for tomorrow :)
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well yesterday I didn't bring lunch thinking I would have some fruit from the bowl full on my desk and a cuppa soup...I managed a Satsuma - just not hungry at the peak of the day in this weather!

Today I didn't bring any lunch purposely - as I knew I wouldn't eat it (I was right I've just forced a Satsuma down) and after work I am going for ice cream with a friend and her little girl and then home to tea (chile and rice in a pita with a mountain of fresh salad bits).

I did have a big breakfast though; beans on toast (half tin beans and 2 slices of wholemeal toast) and a smoothie (made enough for 2/3 portions will have more in the morning) made from banana, pineapple, natural yogurt, a small handful of oats, ice and a splash of milk :)

Completely unable to focus at work, it's too warm and even with our large window open there's no air movement so it's just rather stifling and stuffy in our office :(
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Collywobbles89
    Options
    Hi all, this is my first post on mse, been struggling to budget since I moved into my first home with my partner one year ago, starting to try and make some changes and I probably spend between £3.50 and £5 a day on food/snacks whilst at work so thought this would be a good place to start! Doing a food ship tomorrow so going to stock up for my weeks baits, I tend to get bored of the same sandwiches every day so any ideas for cheap lunches would be appreciated! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure