Aprils Fool No More!!!

Options

Comments

• stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello checking in now with a SFD for today as i am going straight home from work and no opportunity to spend . Figures updated in signature, budgets not looking too bad. Have no crafty skills to report but I do admire all of you with your clever ways. It will soon be the weekend, yay.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • karmachilovething
    Options
    I crossing fingers for SFD 3-in-a-row, but it's not looking good - leaving drinks for somebody in work, who I worked with closely so want to show face. Hopefully I can jump on somebody else's round . . . very cheeky!

I think I'm done with eBay. By the time you've spend time and energy listing, and then the postage hikes and now I've got a second "I won't pay" bidder, I'm thinking it's way too much hassel. Might be time to start making use of those crafting skills to make money rather than selling my carp.
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 April 2013 at 6:06PM
    Options
    Hello!

Today = SFD number 5

Still within budget this week, which is a miracle for me!!! Working through what's left in the freezer and food cupboards slowly but surely.

:)

OMG. Forgot to say... WELCOME BACK Kat!!! Looking forward to hearing how your holiday went, and whether you used 'pompino' to get you places in Italia ha ha!!!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Bouncyminky
    Options
    I didn't spend anything today but not a SFD unfortunately, as OH bought the baby formula today in a different shop and as his BF is visiting he's popped to shop to get in supplies for gaming night (making him sound like a right kid!).

Being at work not only earns me money, but saves me money, but seeing as I have reduced a day down to look after kids I'll have to be extra careful on the day I have off. Plan to find a toddler group to keep me out of trouble!

Was going to have to go out to buy some meat for a roast at the weekend, but Mother in law has come to the rescue and invited us round - bonus! no spend and no cooking.

Speak soon.
    If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money cannot buy. :)
  • stationeryspender
    Options
    Well done all, you seem to have had a much more successful day than me! All went downhill from waking up, took tube into work instead of walking, and then had lunch meeting out with colleagues. Thought I'd best make use of it so bought remainder groceries ahead of weekend.

Reckon, I might have a SFD tomorrow & then hopefully Sunday too. Feeling your pain about ebay, karmachilovething (sorry, I sang that out loud whilst typing!). The new postage fees mean that buyers are probably going to get less of a bargain & so we will find it harder to sell. Will be interesting to see what the knock on effects of this are - I've lost count of the number of times this week I've heard people say they aren't going to sell any more on there.
    :idea:LBM @1/4/13 £15,754 :eek:
    This is SPARTA #20 SFD=7/20 Groceries =17.82/50 Planned Spends 231.00/500
    1 Debt 100 Days £500/£5907 8.5%
    DFD = December 2014
    "The real pleasure-seeking is the combination of luxury and austerity in such a way that the luxury can really be felt"-G.K. Chesterton
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    SFD today. Exhausted. Bed calls. Night folks. Good holiday Kat ? L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good day, good evening and hello to you all!!!

It has been a long week and I was planning on reading all the posts since I left but this day has just flown. So I will write and then read as I have SO much to do and don't want to leave it any longer to say HELLO!!!

So my holiday was a wash out. Cold, wet and just too lonely. I don't mean coat cold, I mean hoody, coat and gloves cold. I had one day of sunshine where I went to a little peninsula town for the day - then it was back to rain and freezing cold in the evening.

I spent my birthday freezing to death in Venice. They were only just taking the flood walkways down and it rained. For 6 hours solid. Wet feet, two hour journey home and I was miserable and a little upset so headed out to look around my little town for cheap food. I found a perfumerie instead that was a SIGN! I had wanted a certain perfume for over a year since my last £80 bottle ran out:eek:. This place is one of 5 shops in Italy that sold it and could you believe that it was on my door step?? I bought it - for £20 more than I would have got on Bond Street...WHOOPSIE!!!...I believed it had to be bought, it was meant to be! Like a mental bolster for the year ahead.

Following that I refused point blank to spend any more money on a miserable holiday and brought £200 home with me. Food was the biggest expense with no major choice for vegetarians. Meals were on average 20 Euro for a small bowl of spaghetti and lettuce leaves that were classed as a "salad".. two night's I went to a cheap Chinese and ate in my room.. and the local Lidl's for two nights of crackers and cheese and ate in my room.

You live and learn. No doubt I would have regretted it if I hadn't of gone. But the grasser is not always greener. The thinking space was needed though and I got to write a lot in my little diary AND I kept a VERY detailed spend diary. Nothing major apart from food, postcards, rail tickets and stamps...oh and Gelato!..:T:T:T

SO I am back. Made some serious plans for getting payments made by the end of the year. Raring to get back on the money saving band wagon.

I was really starting to despise spending, or eating out etc. I NEED SFD's IN MY LIFE!!! :rotfl: I felt very uncomfortable spending money and with the up-coming party on Sunday I have spent more today. Two runs into town via train, laden like a donkey (shoulda have got a car) I think I am ready to go.

I will be in all day tomorrow baking baking baking. I cam under budget on food as I went to Lidls instead of Tesco. I have NO SFD's under my belt but am under budget on everything so far... hmmm maybe that £15 in the Cats Protection League for a punch bowl an 12 cups wasn't a necessity but its SO COOL!!!

Right I have 30 party bags for adults to make... with ribbons...and personalised stickers..."Thanks for coming to Kitty-Kat's Birthday"..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

More soon!!

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • stationeryspender
    Options
    Sorry to hear your trip was a washout Kat but welcome back. Hope that you get some good celebrating happening on Sunday!
    :idea:LBM @1/4/13 £15,754 :eek:
    This is SPARTA #20 SFD=7/20 Groceries =17.82/50 Planned Spends 231.00/500
    1 Debt 100 Days £500/£5907 8.5%
    DFD = December 2014
    "The real pleasure-seeking is the combination of luxury and austerity in such a way that the luxury can really be felt"-G.K. Chesterton
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 April 2013 at 7:02AM
    Options
    Welcome back Great Leader! You've loads to catch up on. We've all been good I think, except Abundant, who is back on eating out of cupboards. Is that the same Abundant who was on rice cakes for weeks back in 2012? Not sure if it was he so, sorry Abundant, if I've got the wrong person! Kat, you have your party coming up so, forget Venice and enjoy good old london town. Then back to debtbusting. X
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • rosiecheeksblossom
    Options
    Evening all,
    KAT - so sorry you didnt have a good time on your jollies, but your party sounds as though its going to be a blast so YEY!!!!
    Another 2 SFDs for me, I was on a long day yesterday at work and an early today (but left at 5.30 instead of 3 BOO!!!!) so havent had the time or energy to even think about spending.
    However the next few days may not be quite so good, off to visit friends for the weekend tomorrow and so looking forward to it. Tea, wine and the comedy club are just a few of the things arranged and I have myself a budget arranged. May also have to do a smidge of shopping with some birthday vouchers I have:p.
    TTFN xxx
    Halifax CC All paid Mort £7669.99,Car loan 31 months to go
    Food 99.25/100 Petrol 133.12/150 presents 59.12/80 going out 73.75/150 toiletries 4.50/5 other 179.07/100 money made 480 SFD 11/20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure