Rbs plevin claim

Options
2»

Comments

• telmanchicks
    Options

Hi
    I have had lots of loans,credit cards and remortgages in 1980 to 2000, I don't have paper work for the loans and credit cards, and I m not sure if Ppi was added as one of payment on the loans ! I have requested subjected access info but that may only be for past six years and I m not sure you can make out from bank statement that Ppi was added or not! Without paperwork how do you know? With remortgages I can't make out if Ppi was added. Also I had lots of insurance policies with saga, Frizel , homelet and the list is long . Not sure where to start and is there any hope as this goes beyond six years?
    Thanks in anticipation !
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you've sent a SAR to your bank, that was a waste of £10.

You need to be asking your lenders if you had PPI.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I m not sure you can make out from bank statement that Ppi was added or not! Without paperwork how do you know?
    Did you never read the paperwork you were signing? That would have told you.
    With remortgages I can't make out if Ppi was added. Also I had lots of insurance policies with saga, Frizel , homelet and the list is long
    It can't be "just added" there would be all kinds of paperwork, especially with mortgages
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    With remortgages I can't make out if Ppi was added.

by looking at your bank statement. One of the reasons most MPPI complaints fail is that it is usually a monthly premium standalone plan collected via its own direct debit. It's not factored into the debt.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • RICHO1
    Options
    Hi, New to the site So need some advice and i see you were in the situation i am now
    RBS have sent me a letter saying i may be entitled to Plevin
    Ive had my mortgage with RBS for 24 years now, Will my claim be backdated that far ? or is there a limit to the years i can go back?
    Any help would be great
    lee
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RICHO1 wrote: »
    RBS have sent me a letter saying i may be entitled to Plevin
    Already fully answered on your duplicate post yesterday;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73961684
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors