Discharged :)

Options
Good morning all,

The day I've been anxiously waiting on now for the last few weeks has finally arrived... I am officially discharged as of today :)

I've already dropped an email to my contact at the Insolvency Service kindly asking for proof of my discharge but I was just touching base on here to see if there is anything else I can now start doing to clean things up further i.e. credit file cleanup?

Needless to say it's a great feeling I am experiencing today, and a huge thanks to those who helped me out on here over the past year and also the people who have shared their own experienced with BR :)

Many thanks - Liam.

Comments

• Potbellypig
    Potbellypig Posts: 775 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't get it. What are you happy about?
  • LEK
    LEK Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    I don't get it. What are you happy about?

About the fact that I've now reached the 1 year landmark and that I can now finally start to put all this behind me ??

Liam.
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    LEK wrote: »
    About the fact that I've now reached the 1 year landmark and that I can now finally start to put all this behind me ??

Liam.

It's a long long road from here Liam, where you'll find out many things you didn't know before you went bankrupt.

Good luck.
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    It's a long long road from here Liam, where you'll find out many things you didn't know before you went bankrupt.

Good luck.

Don`t know what you mean by that??? I went BR 8 years ago and never found out anything that I did not already know about BR after my discharge. And I didn`t find it "a long long road"
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • Mollie_Guinness15
    Options
    Do I detect some trolling? Seems a bit mean spirited, I think the worst of it is the days when you're being pursued by DCAs, and then the weeks up to being declared BR, then it's a slow but sure climb out of the darkness and on to better times.
  • LEK
    LEK Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Don't worry guys - Potbellypig has probably got nothing better to do with his time!

If anything since going BR I've learnt to be smarter and wiser with my finances, and also more so especially since going BR as my little girl was born back in February.

True it's been a bit of a steep battle with turning things around and living with the fact of being BR, but it's certainly been for the better and to be honest I've never been happier than I am right now - I certainly will not miss the days of being back in 2015 / start of 2016 with hardly having any money and constantly jumping obstacles in order to keep on top with my past debts. Now I aim to excel further, as well as anticipate the day in a few years time when my BR falls off my record for good.

Liam.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    its all down hill from now on!!!!
    It was a great sense of relief to me 4 years ago.
    Look forward.....not back and enjoy your life
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can't believe I'm on countdown now for the 6th year. 5 years ago this week 6 years felt so long away the day I received the call that my DRO had been approved.
    Time passes so quickly.
    Wonder if anyone goes back to the exact location where they stood when they took the news 6 years on.
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    LEK wrote: »
    Don't worry guys - Potbellypig has probably got nothing better to do with his time!

If anything since going BR I've learnt to be smarter and wiser with my finances, and also more so especially since going BR as my little girl was born back in February.

True it's been a bit of a steep battle with turning things around and living with the fact of being BR, but it's certainly been for the better and to be honest I've never been happier than I am right now - I certainly will not miss the days of being back in 2015 / start of 2016 with hardly having any money and constantly jumping obstacles in order to keep on top with my past debts. Now I aim to excel further, as well as anticipate the day in a few years time when my BR falls off my record for good.

Liam.

Not at all Liam. Firstly, let me give you some advice about the Internet. When you post something on the Internet, you will find a variety of people with many different opinions. On this occasion, you seem elated that you're discharged from your bankruptcy (this really doesn't mean a lot, but hey, it's your life). I gave you a different opinion based on past experiences. If you choose to see this as 'he's got nothing better to do with him time', that is your prerogative, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

Secondly, you've learnt nothing yet. Becoming savvy with money doesn't happen in 12 months. The correct attitude to money management is created over a lifetime of making what your deem to be the correct choices. I've made many mistakes with money in the past (I went bankrupt too), and I still make daft decisions at times now. I would argue that until over a consistent period of time (10 years, for example), you have no debt (mortgage excluded) and you consistently earn more than you spend, then you can pat yourself on the back and say ''I think I've got this thing sussed''. Having your debt level reset back to zero doesn't all of a sudden make you savvy with money.

Like I say, good luck, Liam.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...Becoming savvy with money doesn't happen in 12 months. The correct attitude to money management is created over a lifetime of making what your deem to be the correct choices. ..

Ahh but - you are making the assumption that all BR's have to learn how to be savvy and have 'the correct attitude' to money' and it was their own foolishness that got them BR in the first place...

Well - that really does show just how little you know about BR Potbelly :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure