upset by payrise, what do i do next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Unpaid overtime is expected and part of the corporate culture, almost to the point of people boasting about working 90 hour weeks. If there is a deadline for something, it's got to be reached. If your workload goes up, you don't usually get more time to do it in. I'm not sure that happens at Ikea and Tescos much (I worked at Boots when I was younger and people got annoyed working an extra 15 minutes).

I don't believe 5% is good when you work for an IT Consultancy firm, have two degrees to your name and you're at the start of your career. I was told by the guy telling me the rise that it wasn't good, it wasn't my fault it wasn't good, and that he expects a few people to leave because of it.

Its all rather wierd since we are making a lot of money at the moment and hiring people like it's going out of fashion.

I'm starting to think that leaving IT is a good idea right now
  • Isn't a flipflop a type of circuit..? We pay our UNIX sys admins at least 10k more than that, but they do have to work very stupid hours (I know one guy who quit after working too many 70 hour weeks in a row)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure