Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Well now... its late its late and I must get to bed. However I needed to update and say HELLLLOOOO to Nanell...( I am assuming you are a girly )..welcome to my thread. Nice to have another lurker who is motivated to keep going...

Well now.. Mr Bank manager called me back about their mistake whilst I was on my bike. They left a message apologising and stated they will REINSTATE THE £350!!! .....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I had SPECIFICALLY said to the swithboard "tell them not to reinstate the extra they took"....GRRRRRRR!!!!

Why oh why when you want to pay something back they make it this hard! I know it will be a hassle for them to take is back again but clearly someone is not getting the message. SO I am going to call the bank first thing tomorrow and tell them to take back £250. Make things super easy for them...

Yes its nice to be able to do this but I think its all due to paying off the CC last month, pushing HARD on eBay selling, not spending anything, bike insurance reduction and generally being extra careful! They did leave me overdrawn over the limit but I doubt I will get charged. I will be checking on this though...

Siouxsie the Ozzy lady is the kinky lady. Can't wait to see that money appear.. and would you believe Mr eBay forgot the remote controls that came with the TV so will have to come back tomorrow. Muppet! Excellent news about your money by the way... great feeling depositing more money than we spend eh!!!

SO I have his £70 and my £25 checque that I will lodge tomorrow..this includes last months £27 eBay sales and will add that to the reductions on my bike loan once Ozzy ladies money has cleared as well making is a wondrous ... £150.50!!!:T:T:T

So fingers crossed for the other eBay items. I have a few expensive ones but it can be so frustrating sometimes when you are paying out fees and not seeing much of a return. At least I dodged that today with the TV payment...

Keep your good news coming folks....Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Well done everyone, its great reading everyones stories and progress. I was quite pleased last month, I noticed my car insurance paymnet hadnt come out, all very strange so I checked my paperwork and I must be on one of those 'pay for 10 months' contracts, so thats £36 x 2 i've saved! I've also got a renewal from another company and got my monthly premium down to £20 per month!! Such a bargain!! That will really help as my water has gone up by £10 and our mortgage gone up by about £35.

Im dreading my second job going in April, I will have to look for something flexible for evenings and weekends, maybe carework/homecare? Has anyone done anything like that before? Would be great to get some pointers x
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Been asked back for a second interview. Today.

I apologise for the size of this gif.
    KermitFlail.gif

Hi Nanell, you can definitely make 2k for march! Woo!

Annie; the only places I know with a lot of flexible work are universities, do you have one near you?

Kat; hit the bank! Tell Mr Ebay he's a muppet!

Sio; Stay strong on the red cup front. I have no idea why they're amazing, but I have a friend who is obsessed with them..
  • What a MORNING!!! I banked it I banked it I banked it!!! :T

Would you believe I managed to get to my local Nationwide this morning before work AND made it to work on time!!! I now have £122 waiting to be transferred over to my bike loan AND as the stupid bank reinstated my overdraft and are a bit thick mother is running in there today to tell them to reduce it by £300. This will leave me with £400 to pay at the beginning of December and I will be overdraft FREE!!!

I am still awaiting payment from the kinky Sheila in Oz for my eBay item..:rotfl:

MissLadyAnnie - isn't that whole insurance thing brilliant. When I realised I was just as happy!!Regarding a second job.. ask at your local gym. Fitness First / Esporta / LA Fitness - they will always be looking for receptionists as they have such a high turnover.. I used to do it on and off for 6 years through Uni... Care work is too much hassle and hard work to be a second job for minimal hours and money....

Keep the good news coming! Love hearing the updates....

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • squinky
    squinky Posts: 70 Forumite
    Gee you ladies are fierce! Thank you so much for the invite I will have to think about it and let you know as I’m not sure I can hack it to be honest?! There is no paid overtime where I work and I have kind of already streamlined my budget to something I can manage.

Hmmm, will definitely have a think though and get back to you. So pleased for you Kat? Ninja?! with the sales though and crushing those numbers!

Fingers crossed for your second interview KP too xx
  • Good day thats great about making it to the bank :), let us know how mother ninja does in the bank hehe. Well no number updates from me i am happy that our spreadsheet and bank are clean and simple.... 6 days in to november i bet some of you are praying for december to come quick hehehe :) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • ps good luck killerpeaty :D xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Mumsy got confused.:huh: I rang them instead - eventually got through.:shocked: Reduced by £300. The last of it to go will be £350 on the 31st November. Job DONE!!!
  • Hi,

I had my LBM last Tuesday while reading my MSE email, and came across your posts and have been reading them with interest all week. I am currently approx £13,000 in debt but would prefer to wait until after Christmas to put details as I have 3 young children and although I have been buying things throughout the year, I still have a few bits I want to get them. I just wanted to say, I have been really inspired by your posts and your NOvember campaign and have made a start on hopefully paying things off earlier. I have taken on the £5 a day challenge and have managed it so far (if I can include a small lottery win into my online account that was too insignificant to withdraw and clubcard vouchers). I have only managed 2 NSD's (hoping to count today as a 3rd) so far, but we get through 2 litres of milk a day so that will be hard. I have set myself a £40 a week budget for shopping as we have lots in store cupboards but do need fresh bits for the kids. I did manage to get my shop down from £68 to £37 with vouchers and got 2 packets of cereal, 2 cereal bars, apples, ham, cheese, baby food and a tub of taramasala for £1.10 on Sunday with vouchers. I also put some stuff on ebay, prompted by thid forum, plus I have requested a higher selling allowance. My problem is, I can't resist a bargain. I very nearly fell for a Body Shop, buy 2, get 2 free this morning but managed to resist. I feel like I have made a start and will keep following you, and hope to join you fully in January and when I have worked out how to do a signature.
  • Hi bunny and welcome :-) I'm sure you will have them numbers quaking as you pay the negative wealth down :-). Well done on using the vouchers xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure