New Lloyds Vantage current account

Comments

• MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    It will still let you apply for a forth online, whether it will get accepted is another matter.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    The '3 per customer' restriction is stipulated in both the 'Vantage' and 'Vantage 4%' T&Cs here...

http://www.lloydstsb.com/current_accounts/vantage_ts_and_cs.asp#vantagetandcsoffer
    Yes I can see the 3 per customer limit on adding Vantage to your accounts, but I can't see where it shows a limit on the 4% section?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Yes I can see the 3 per customer limit on adding Vantage to your accounts, but I can't see where it shows a limit on the 4% section?
    There are only two sets of T&Cs on that page. Everything below this...

Vantage terms and conditions – for customers with the limited up to 4% AER offer from 10 September 2012 – 31 October 2013

...relates to the 4% offer.

The wording "You can have a maximum of 3 accounts with Vantage" appears 1/3 the way down that section (as well as appearing in the first section for the standard Vantage T&Cs).
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    There are only two sets of T&Cs on that page. Everything below this...

Vantage terms and conditions – for customers with the limited up to 4% AER offer from 10 September 2012 – 31 October 2013

...relates to the 4% offer.

The wording "You can have a maximum of 3 accounts with Vantage" appears 1/3 the way down that section (as well as appearing in the first section for the standard Vantage T&Cs).
    Ah yes I see that, but, those terms relate to Vantage being added to an account. Once Vantage is already added to in excess of 3 accounts there is nothing there specifically in the 4% bit that says the 4% can't be added to more than three accounts.

For instance, I have 10 accounts that have Vantage added to them and therefore in the remaining 7 accounts I can earn 3% on balances upto 5k. So whilst the terms may state that only 3 may have Vantage added, there is nowt specific there regarding the 4% rate for those people, like me, who managed to obtain in excess of three accounts.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,012 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 8 October 2012 at 8:16PM
    Complete rubbish... deleted!
  • Gers
    I did an online application for another Classic Vantage account and received a 'welcome to your new LloydsTSB Account' email yesterday. It's not showing up online yet - does anyone know of the usual timescales please? I hoped to get it up and running with the first thousand and two DDs before I go away again for work today.

thanks
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    In branch staff usually say "Within 48 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays)"

I'd expect by the end of today it'll be visible.
  • Gers
    Gromitt wrote: »
    In branch staff usually say "Within 48 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays)"

I'd expect by the end of today it'll be visible.

Thanks - just had a girlie moment this morning! And then realised/remembered that I can do even though I am away. :o

Probably just need more coffee.

:)
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Ah yes I see that, but, those terms relate to Vantage being added to an account. Once Vantage is already added to in excess of 3 accounts there is nothing there specifically in the 4% bit that says the 4% can't be added to more than three accounts.

For instance, I have 10 accounts that have Vantage added to them and therefore in the remaining 7 accounts I can earn 3% on balances upto 5k. So whilst the terms may state that only 3 may have Vantage added, there is nowt specific there regarding the 4% rate for those people, like me, who managed to obtain in excess of three accounts.

i'm still undecided whether to attempt to convert the remaining 3 of my 6 to the 4% rate???

is there anyone out there who has attempted to convert more than 3 (of their 'numerous' accounts) to the 4% rate and got rumbled?
  • They can only say no. Dont ask, dont get!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure