The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How do I get the inside of my microwave clean

Comments

• And I'm washing mine most days. :rotfl::rotfl:

I blame pasta and sauce and offspring. :p It has become slightly less of a problem since I pointed out that food fragments can drop from the 'ceiling' into other foods, ie, tomatoey pasta into rice pudding. :p
  • ash28
    ash28 Posts: 1,789
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I use a pyrex jug half filled with water....on max for about 6 or 7 minutes and any food splashes just wipe off. I wash the glass plate and the turntable.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just wipe it out with the dishcloth when I'm washing up.

With this being a money saving site I really can't see why you have to buy anything more. :D
  • Brillo pads for mine. :o
  • Alphamare
    Alphamare Posts: 701 Forumite
    Steam cleaner... Oven too!
    If you dont know where you are going... Any road will take you there :rotfl:
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    I just dissolve a teaspoon of bicarb in some warm water (about a mugful) and wipe the inside with it. then wipe with clean water.
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I wash the turntable fairly regularly when I do the washing up, then wipe the inside and outside of the microwave with the dishcloth. May need a bit more elbow grease if something as "exploded" during cooking.

Been doing this with microwaves since my first one in 1976.
  • I have, rather shamefully, had many microwaves in the past that I took less than great care of. Lets just say it wasn't pleasant inside.

Nowadays, I put a lid on everything and not overcook. Stops most mess. But when it needs a clean, just warm soap and water, after it's cooked a meal - so it's still moist inside and loosens existing mess up.
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have a Panny combi micro/grill and the stainless steel interior does get stains like an oven. Does anyone have a top tip for this please?

You have to be careful about using things like oven cleaners, but I recently bought some Bar Keeper's Friend which is OK to use on stainless steel. I alternated between that and a mix of washing up liquid & bicarb, my combi had gotten a little grim through neglect and it's come up like new.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,616
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I have a Panasonic m/w and find the easiest way to clean it is to remove the turntable and turn upside down and then I can easily clean the tops and the sides. Works for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure