Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The way the others are cutting back on offers , makes Virgin's phone and line, with Anytime calls not look so bad, considering you get fast broadband .(We are not fibre enabled, though our local exchange has been for some time)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Didn't Rachel Riley look fab today on Countdown ?

...but not as good as she always does on "8 out of ten cats does Countdown" :D
  • Lady_Bee
    Lady_Bee Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone is interested in just the Original tv package and you've got 60% off on your front page click on 'Left Sky in the last 12 months' (I have been switched off) and all packages are showing as 60% off except original which is £5. Bargain :-)
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...but not as good as she always does on "8 out of ten cats does Countdown" :D

I sometimes watch that as well and yes...she does look good.
  • Hurley
    Hurley Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    The way the others are cutting back on offers , makes Virgin's phone and line, with Anytime calls not look so bad, considering you get fast broadband .(We are not fibre enabled, though our local exchange has been for some time)

I got referred to Virgin by a friend. They get £50 plus so do I if I sign up

I got a call from them and said it was too expensive. They offered a better deal instead of

50MB unlimited BB
    one Tivo box with basic non paid channels
    line rental
    any time calls
    £50 credit

for £36 a month.

Not the worst offer.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Tried to haggle with sky today to get a account credit, they are not having it..

50% off inc multi screen is best I could get for box sets and cinema.sports with HD. Cost was 46 per month....

Tried to get 50 credit but not available
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hurley wrote: »
    I got referred to Virgin by a friend. They get £50 plus so do I if I sign up

I got a call from them and said it was too expensive. They offered a better deal instead of

50MB unlimited BB
    one Tivo box with basic non paid channels
    line rental
    any time calls
    £50 credit

for £36 a month.

Not the worst offer.

It isn't really a personal special offer; it's very close to the price I worked out using website details (£36-£50/12=£36- £4.17=£31.83 ; my price £32.70 ),but good compared to Sky's £25.40, which will soon be £26.40 and does not include the tv part.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It isn't really a personal special offer; it's very close to the price I worked out using website details (£36-£50/12=£36- £4.17=£31.83 ; my price £32.70 ),but good compared to Sky's £25.40, which will soon be £26.40 and does not include the tv part.

Is the basic Virgin TV package not just the FTA channels though? So (compared to the Sky price) they are charging £6 p/m to use the TiVo?
  • Hurley
    Hurley Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

When I add all that to my basket I get quoted £39 per month (I have talk anytime), not £36.
  • bubblegun
    bubblegun Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    The centre in Derby for me, after two poor offers from Scotland.

Is that because you gave notice to cancel first?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback