Here we go...

Comments

• monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Thats ashame about the job. I always believe its a sign you were too good for it and another better one will come along :) x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • SophieLoui23
    SophieLoui23 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 July 2016 at 6:55PM
    Thanks for the positive comments Monz, it's lovely to have your support :)

I've listed the lower value car on eBay today on a 5 day auction. Hoping it will sell so that will be one out of the way. The higher value car has been posted on Gumtree, as can't afford to list on Autotrader right now.

Having a bit of a mind fog day so need to create a list of things that I still need to do:

- Call company regarding refund of £26.81
    - Applications for the two jobs
    - Invoicing for some recent freelance work
    - Return library books
    - [STRIKE]Pick dog up from vets after her op today (and pay for it!)[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Make dinner for tonight[/STRIKE] (Quorn mince & [STRIKE]courgette[/STRIKE] pasta lasagne to use up bits from freezer. Courgettes out of date which shows how much I need to use up stuff in the freezer!)

Planning a low spend weekend. Have food in the house, petrol in the car and nothing planned as yet. Might catch up with some TV and read some books.
  • SophieLoui23
    edited 26 July 2016 at 11:44AM
    Ended up feeling really rubbish on Friday, so didn't get as much done as I'd planned. Did pay a bill of £160 that I'd forgotten though.

No spends this weekend. Ate some lovely food from the freezer and watched some free films on TV, plus finished one of my books (will be taken to the charity shop) and started another.

Yesterday I did a stock take of all my old business stock. Am hoping to sell as a job lot and have a couple of people interested, so fingers crossed :)

Need to get back on it this week (some carried over from last week):
    [STRIKE]- Call company regarding refund of £26.81 [/STRIKE]
    - Applications for the two jobs
    - Invoicing for some recent freelance work
    [STRIKE]- Return library books[/STRIKE] (pay outstanding fine of £1 from 2014!)
    [STRIKE]- Post three items from eBay sales [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Put rubbish and recycling in outside bins[/STRIKE]
    - Hoover and mop
    [STRIKE]- Hang washing[/STRIKE]
    - Send first complaint to Ombudsman
    - Small pile of ironing

Time to crack on with the jobs this afternoon!
  • SophieLoui23
    I've had three marketing letters from credit card companies through the door today :mad: Not sure where they get my details from but have had to contact all of them to request that they take me off their marketing communications. Wouldn't mind so much if I could simply put them in the bin but they have my name written all over them so have to spend time shredding! Rant over.
  • SophieLoui23
    Withdrew money from my PayPal account and used it to pay off the outstanding vet bill :j
  • Car didn't sell via the eBay auction, although I've had a couple of messages since offering lower prices. Not sure whether just to bite the bullet and take a really low offer (£150+ less than starting price). Had some low offers for the other car too... If I accepted the highest offers on both cars, I'd be loosing a total approx £450/500 from my lowest price in my head... Hmmm. It would pay off over £2k worth of debt though.

Waiting for an agency to give me a call back regarding some ongoing temp work. Would just about cover all bills if I stick to a tight budget and would mean that I have a job and some income whilst I look for something more permanent. Fingers crossed!
  • SophieLoui23
    Agency called back and offered me the temporary job as an ongoing position which is great :) Apparently there is also the opportunity to work extra hours if I want, so that's great. Providing it all goes to plan, it means I won't be worrying about paying the bills at the end of August, although will still need to stick to a tight budget.

Oh, and I start tomorrow! Should give me the lift I need to properly knuckle down and apply for lots of permanent positions focused more on what I'm qualified for and interested in.

Small weight off my shoulders :) Glass of wine at home tonight to celebrate I think!
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Congrats :) xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • SophieLoui23
    Lovely weekend catching up with family. Went to the races on Saturday and took a picnic & bottle of wine so no spends there. It had been booked for ages and we'd pre-ordered tickets which my Dad had paid for. It's a once a year thing (sort of a family tradition really) and the only time that I ever gamble. Dad had a decent win in the second race and gave me a little bit of 'spending' money for the day. Had a great time and the weather was great :D

Also had an invite to a BBQ today, which was fun. All food and drink provided (although I did ask if I could bring anything) so no spends today either.

Worked out that I have approx £200 worth of bills due in the next week and £91 in my bank account. May have to dip in to my overdraft, but will try to avoid where possible. Have a couple of invoices due from my freelancing, so fingers crossed that they will be paid on time. Also need to post more items to FB selling pages.

New temp contract means I will be working office hours for at least the next two weeks so had to sort a dog walker for lunchtime visits. Trying to keep my outgoings as low as possible, so opted for the half hour walk option as opposed to a full hour. Will 'save' me around £5 per day and I will make sure dog is exercised both before and after work, so that she gets plenty of activity.

Have a feeling tomorrow will be an exhausting day so need a list to make sure I get everything sorted:
    - Load dishwasher and switch on
    - Walk dog AM
    - Leave key for dog walker
    - Work 9am-5.30pm
    - Trip to post office to send eBay item after work
    - Drive to collect some equipment I need
    - Walk dog PM
    - Complete SORN application form
    - Dinner already made in fridge
    - Sort lunch for the morning

Don't feel like I'm making much progress on paying off debts right now but it was always going to be a tight week money wise, with the beginning of a new month looming and bills due to be taken by DD. I will tackle this and I will WIN!

Hope everyone's had a lovely weekend :beer:
  • :j I've just signed up to a free online course, related to my profession.
    Seem's like a great way of expanding my knowledge whilst I continue to look for permanent positions.
    89 sections to complete, so I'll put aside a bit of time each day to chip away at it. I start an evening course in mid September, so aiming to complete it before then. Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure