Peugeot Finance PPI

I have been looking through some of my partner's financial paperwork and have come across a finance agreement from Peugeot Finance in respect of a car bought from a dealership in September 2001. I have the full sale schedule with a Breakdown of the payments, but nowhere does it state separately for PPI. However, attached to the agreement is an acknowledgement of monthly credit protection insurance. There's an [x] in the box for Life, Disability and Unemployment premium at £35.38 monthly. Is that the same as PPI? It states that the monthly premium for the selected product will be collected with the payments under the agreement.

Now the tricky thing is, a default notice was served in Jan 02 because my partner had problems making repayments, therefore there were arrears, and in March 02 Peugeot Finance terminated the agreement and demanded the return of the car. The debt was then passed onto a collections agent (on behalf of PSA Finance) who pursued my partner for payments outstanding under the terms of the original agreement, approx £4,600. Some minor payments were made between Dec 2002 & Sept 2004 when they accepted a payment of £1,700 to finalise the debt.

My partner insists nothing was discussed about insurance, therefore I just want to know if it's worth pursuing reimbursement for any money paid towards the premium for credit protection insurance? or would it not be relevant as the car was repossessed, hence no payments for insurance having been taken?

Confused :o

Any advice greatly appreciated :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family