PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• Fizzbitz
    Fizzbitz Posts: 116 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Doing what I can in my last two really busy weeks of the year - three shows in three days with different casts and programmes is not bad going!!! Gave myself a day off yesterday to celebrate passing my first ou module and also getting 99% in my latest assignment - a real shock as I was sure I was writing absolute rubbish! In between watching dvds, embroidery and snuggling under my duvet, I managed:

1 - 4 plastic bottles - r/c
    5 dead biro
    6 unwanted cd - cs
    7 misc bag paper and card - r/c
    8 Random hair treatment used - container r/c
    9 Broken headset
    10 Old phone charger
    11 ink cart - r/c
    12 purse - cs
    13 Sack of misc rubbish - tip

Keep warm and keep slinging

Fizz
  • Fizzbitz wrote: »
    three shows in three days with different casts and programmes is not bad going!!! Gave myself a day off yesterday to celebrate passing my first ou module and also getting 99% in my latest assignment

That is brilliant - congratulations!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 December 2012 at 8:53PM
    Wow fizz! Congrats :)

Fly lady in bathroom today not before a two hour sleep getting rid of a migraine.

90.91.92.93.94. Toiletries used up. Dregs used up.

95.96. Catalogues recycled
    97. Bag of papers/bills to burn in the fire
    98. Leaflets through the door
    99. OOD/unloved food
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Lilyplonk wrote: »
    Museumworker - are you like me where books are concerned and feel guilty as though you're deserting 'an old friend' when you get rid? Yesterday, I promised a cs customer that I would take in all my Kathy Reichs books - and although it'll be hard to part with them, I won't break that promise. Keep up the good work :).

Yep, I'm just like that lilyplonk - old friends, and friends I haven't met yet ;). I do read lots, and quickly, but still don't need THIS many books!
    happytails wrote: »
    You need a woven wrap or a good SSC (soft structured carrier)/mei tai for bigger babies :)

I still carry ds (he is nearly 2 and 30lbs) in my mei tai or woven. :D can carry my near 4 year old at a push, it's finding what works for you :)

Whereabouts are you? There might be a local sling meet near you (they are all over), I co run Blackpool and Lancaster :)

Sarah xx

I think the manduca is a SSC so will give it a go in the next few days I think. Am in North East London - there is a good South London Sling Library have been to once, but is too far for me really. Yet to find anything more local.
    Thanks MW! Keep attacking those books. :)
    Will do - before they attack me :rotfl:! Sorry to hear about your migraine - I can get horrendous ones so totally empathise.

Fitz - well done on the result!

Took 4 bags of stuff to charity today, and starting to see some progress in the house. Still fighting my 'salvage' instincts though. Today I 'rescued' a pair of massive hideously kitsch vases from a house clearance. I have now 'unrescued' them and left them outside the house. If they are still there in the morning I'll drop them in the charity shop. Note to self: I can't take responsibility for everyone else's stuff!!

37. Plastic fan, not working - placed in recycling, batteries removed for recycling
    38. parking consultation leaflet I forgot to complete - recycling
    39. Bag of misc rubbish from the spare bedroom - bin
    40. DD's old coat - to offer to sister tomorrow
    41. Plastic pig from bathroom - recycling after on a blog the inside of a bath toy - just covered in black mould. euw!
    42. Ipod box - recycling
    43. Box and manual for phone I don't even own anymore - recycling
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2012 at 12:36AM
    Evening all :wave:

Hope your 'room of doom blitz' went well, mineallmine :D. Sorry I couldn't jmake it a 'joint effort' - but will definitely 'have a go tomorrow'. Sorry to hear about your migraine - hope you've managed to completely banish it ((((hugs))))!

:T well done on finishing your 'photography job', silentsister. Sounds like one of those jobs that turns out to be more complicated than first thought. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate all the effort that you've gone to on her behalf:A.

You've certainly had a busy time, Fizzbitz and congratulations on your OU Module as well as your Amateur Dramatics (or are they school productions). All that AND lots of decluttering as well .................. :T.

Have you checked http://www.slingmeet.co.uk/ for details of a sling group close to where you live, museumworker? There also appears to be some kind of Facebook page dedicated to slingwearing and clubs. Hope you manage to find one where you can feel welcome. Do you ever go on netmums.co.uk - lots of interesting stuff on there?

Had a bit of a hectic day today -

Visit to cs this morning - donated around 12 skirts, 6 T-shirts and a lovely 'boyfriend-style' blouse (all now w-a-y too big :j). Also donated full set of 'Kathy Reichs books', 6 Ian Rankin, couple of other 'good murders', 3 unopened bottles of perfume. While there I collected 10 'flat-packed' cardboard boxes courtesy of one of my co-workers - for packing our reference book collection. We're having our 'Christmas Event' (Free Coffee and Mince Pies, visit from Santa, Christmas Carols from Church Music Group, Raffles, Tombola) tomorrow and I've promised to go and help - at least with the clearing away afterwards.

Afternoon spent at dgd2's School Christmas Fayre - my fairy cakes went down well :D! Managed to win TWO Raffle prizes - a 5ft REAL Christmas Tree (gave the voucher to DD as she's got laminate flooring and the needles won't matter too much ;)) and a pack of 5 Body Shop Lip Glosses (will be great for niece) :j:j! Dgd2 also won a giant bar of Aero Chocolate in the Tombola :T. Bought a beautiful book of Traditional Fairy Stories for reading to grandkids - they wanted 30p for it, but it's so lovely I gave them £2.00 for that and two other nice books - so much for my earlier 'dumping session' :o.

Got home and managed to cook the Sweet Chilli Turkey with Pasta and served it up with garlic slices HShungry.gif.

I'm jiggered - too much excitement for one day ;); need an early-ish night as I want to go to the gym in the morning IF I can shift my a$re out of bed first thing :o. If NOT, then I'll make do with a session of book lifting and box moving instead :rotfl:. Could also really do with catching up on laundry as I'm trying not to let it pile up just now.

Nighty night all - speak in the morning - Lilyplonk xx
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning everybody,

Thanks for your comment to me Lilyplonk. Sounds like your day was busy. Like yourself perhaps, actually going out for me means arriving back home with things. These then need sorting so any decluttering is then kept pending.

Recent decluttering has been recycling, disposing of medication and using a 2p toothpaste from a big supply I have for other purposes. Also, "dealing" with two visits to the doctors, the chemist and a telephone call to make an appointment have been done.

Have tasks pending like selling some scrap metal, recycling shoes that do not fit and collecting any garden seeds so to put away those already sorted. As Lilyplonk, want to go out this a.m. otherwise maybe a "catching up" day.
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all

You're an early bird Dannie. Hope you have a great productive day :)

I had a second migraine last night lilyplonk. Awful. I've not been eating enough so I think that triggered them. And not been able to get out due to bad weather here. So a walk and plenty of food today :)

100.101. Odd socks

:A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    mineallmine - so very "early". Awaiting daylight at the moment to see if road conditions are safe. Nevertheless, at least a short walk will mean putting the shoes in a nearby clothes bank with the added benefit of feeling better for the exercise.

Hope you begin to feel better mineallmine.
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    :wave: morning ladies

You two ARE bright and breezy this morning. It's darn HSshiver.gif outside today and I'm not even thinking of poking my nose out there just yet!

Hope you manage to get to the clothes bank safely, dannie - good luck on the roads.

Sorry to hear that you got yet another migraine, mineallmine - ((((HUGS)))) to you. I am so lucky that I've only ever had one of those, and that was at puberty - around 50yrs ago. The pain was so excruciating that the memory has remained with me ever since - so you have my complete sympathy. Take care and make sure that you have regular meals - even if its just a nutritious snack. It's all too easy to become engrossed in decluttering that the time passes quickly and before you realise it, lunch time has gone and it's 'time to get the tea on'.

I've been up since 5.45 but spent time faffing around with laundry - left tea-towels soaking in bleach overnight! Why, oh why does OH insist on using them to wipe up spilled tea/coffee when there's dishcloths/SmartPrice Kitchen Roll sitting there waiting to be used shrug.gif! Anyways - tea stains are now OUT ;)!

I've also spent the past hour clearing my emails that had got out of control when I went on holiday for 2weeks in September. My Inbox had got clogged up with jokes/funnies that I hadn't had time to go through. People that I 'forward to' are going to be spending most of today in fits of giggles :rotfl:.

I've also been on Amazon to order a couple of presents - dvd's that should be here on Monday.

That sounds like a load of self-indulgence, so I'll compensate by boxing reference books BEFORE himself surfaces :D.

In the meantime, I think it's time for some coffee.gif and toast/marmalade - nomnomnom.

speak again later, ladies - Lilyplonk xx
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Mineallmine, hope you feel better soon.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure