The Ultimate February Challenge

Comments

• Hi All

Started the month with a SFD and have nothing to go to the shops for today or tomorrow either ~ yippee!

I have to do a big food shop on Tuesday as the cupboards will be bare by then (I don't drive so have planned to order heavy and bulky items once a month and then take £40 out a week to buy anything else I need?). I'll probably spend about £100 and have it delivered free but then I'm hoping I can then keep within my limit (or even come in under??) :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2013 at 3:51PM
    Hi everyone

May I start by :j:j:j:j:j. I have just reconciled my bank account against my spreadsheet (try to do this once a week) and can report that:-
    1/1/13 -£390.70
    1/2/13 -£90.51

Now that's what I call progress! Many thanks peeps xx

My month goes from 23rd Jan to 23rd Feb so my totals get a little confusing. However yesterday I NEEDED some cheese and chocolate (£2.98) and today did a weekly shop (used Tesco vouchers for £7.75 to ease the pain) which amounted to a princely £14.46 so am reporting a total spend of £33.52 so far. (I have even spent £3 on mascara instead of my usual Clarins!) However the freezer is still well stocked as are the cupboards. The shopping merely gives some different alternatives to the relentless grind of the same meals!

I must also confess to having my hair done £66.50 :eek:. However in my line of work personal presentation is importnat so I refuse to compromise on this one and this is now planned for. (truthfully I had left it so long that the colour had faded and there was enough hair cut off to make a rug-the hairdressers words! - all to save some money from last months wages!)

Ebay has been quiet for me these last couple of weeks, however I do have one item finishing tomorrow with a £7.99 bid and one with 8 watchers so I am hopeful. I also freed a tesco receipt from a puddle today so will try the price promise to see if that produces a voucher. I am struggling with adpoints at the moment but my nectar card is now over £15 and I have a £10 voucher for morrisons which will help with the shopping next week.

In true mse style I have started to think about christmas and am aiming to have as near a spnd free christmas this year as possible. I have so much fabric in the house that I even brought a new 4 drawer unit to house it. Guess what - everyone is getting something hand made this year! Hope that they appreciate it!

Anyway - enough of my rambling - keep going everyone and take care xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • Please sign me up! Thank you!
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,050
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, Its seems to have been a long day at work today - only 8hrs though - but feel soooo tired, still only two more to do and then have a couple of days off.

My first SFD of this month:jit felt so bad starting the month with a spend day but hey ho.

Having spag bol in a few mins and tomorrows breakfast/lunch has been prepared as well so Im quite organised at the moment.

On the purse issue, I have decided to put my £10 treat money in there so I can pretend that I have some money, but I know and WONT spend it until the end of the month, so I should be OK with that.

Well as its a school night and Im in work for 6am tomoz, I will go and get my dinner and slob about for a couple of hours before bed, what an exciting life I lead:rotfl:

Everybody have a good Sat night and Sunday.

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi All...

Have had quite a productive day... On your advice, I went shopping and did the 'PoundLand', '99p Shop' and 'Lidl' circuit... Never been to any before... First two were great - lots of bargains... I didn't think Lidl was that much cheaper to be honest. Anyhow - I got my plastic cartons, and since getting home have batch cooked up some chilli and some stew (about 7 portions) for the freezer! Get me all prepared!!! (haven't tasted it yet mind ha ha!!!).

I was regimented and just stuck to things I would usually buy - managed to resist the humongous sweetie selection though was sorely tempted!!!

I also reclaimed a parking ticket from the cinema from December for £3.00! Better in my money box than theirs!!!

Planning a SFD tomorrow!!!

:D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • niksyg
    niksyg Posts: 678 Forumite
    Evening,

Spend a hefty chunk of my budget today - - £70 :eek::eek:
    BUT, that's my hair cut and pretty much all the food for the month sorted and I got a £5 discount in Lidl thanks to a fb discount voucher. :)

Should have a SFD tomorrow as no plans to do anything other than take the dogs out and do some odd jobs around the house.

Hope you all have a great but cheap evening :p
    Clearing debt to save for a simple wedding.
    Starting 2016 With debt of £7700
  • Well a SFD for me today, everyone else was out. I spent a bit of time playing around with my spreadsheets, did a bit of housework, walked the dog and watched a bit of telly. Made pizza for tea from scratch which was really nice.

Tommorrow the kids have got a footie match 30 miles away and we have to pass the out of town shopping centre and McDonalds on the way home. I will take a flask and some snacks and they will just have to get on with it - we are coming straight home after the match!

Doing some extra hours next week for work to cover for someone on hols. The money will be nice but I am a bit nervous as its doing work I havent done before. Just have to think of the extra cash I guess.
  • Ninno820 wrote: »
    I am struggling with adpoints at the moment but my nectar card is now over £15 and I have a £10 voucher for morrisons which will help with the shopping next week.

I've been struggling with adpoints this week - logged on so many times and nothing! They are plentiful now though, so have a check!!
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    I've been struggling with adpoints this week - logged on so many times and nothing! They are plentiful now though, so have a check!!

thanks for the tip x
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • squinky
    squinky Posts: 70 Forumite
    Everyone seems to have started well with real enthusiasm, great stuff! Let's try and keep it up, Feb is the shortest month so we deffo can do it :)

I am happy to start the month with a SFD yesterday although I'm not totally convinced that these work for me so pleased that this challenge acknowledges that :)

Also happy that I took my lunch to work, nothing exciting just a small salad, soup, fruit and jelly but nothing spent either :)

Helpfully this weekend is a pretty quiet one; pre holiday bits & pieces yesterday - laundry, ironing, holiday packing & gave the house a big clean too as it's nice to come home to not too much mess!

Planned spend hair appointment today, I'm really happy with it & especially impressed for the price.

Night in tonight, films & snacks with the girls...we are all trying to be a bit healthier so instead of our usual booze and pizzas I got some pepsi max and microwave popcorn!

My UFC so far:

1/5 spend free days
    £55/£55 hair appointment
    £0/£10 airport spending money
    £0/£40 food shopping
    £1.88/£25 social
    £0/£15 petrol
    £0/£5.50 misc

#29 £56.88/£150.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories