PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

make do and mend for tougher times

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 July 2012 at 9:42AM
    Options
    Speaking of cous cous I have a bag of it that I was given as my DD and family wern't keen(she had to buy it for one of the boys cooking things at school) any ideas what I can make as it would only be me who eats it and I don't really want to throw it out

P.S.whispers (the sun is out here in north kent and I'm about to put a little bit of washing on the line)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tickets please!!!!! 5 adults and a lurcher - will bring own paddles and bailers and water wings!!!!!
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Well done fuddle, I love the toughies thread and the new name is very apt!

We got soaked yesterday - the rain came down in stair rods. ALL DAY. The forecast says no let up possibly for weeks.

OK, the sun is out here and there are fluffy white clouds. I'm off to hang some washing out before it all goes dark again!
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I like roasted veg cous cous jackieO Roast up your veg, pour over boiling stock (I use veg stock cube) over the couscous and add in the chopped roasted veg. Lurvely. :)
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh how nice to wake up to a little sun and a shiny thread too. :)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Well if the forecast says rain for weeks, then we can all relax. It's bound to be sunny.
    Mrs L that's you all booked in. Price one ton of pink shrimps and yellow bananas.
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Mar can I have 4 tickets - can pay in sweeties?! I still haven't managed to get rid of them!
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    My ticket bid amounts to 21 tins of mushy peas, 20 tins of new potatoes, 33 tins of chopped tomatoes and a crop of home grown strawberries ready to be picked... in containers, so we can take those on the ark too!

I'll even throw in a discounted garden pool (great time to buy those by the way) to double up as a life raft!
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • Sunshine4
    Sunshine4 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    Lovely new thread, I did try and start to read most of the old one but it would have taken me months.
    It is still raining here, garden is just water logged no chance of cutting it.
    Have done some washing and its hanging over the two air dryers that I got at the high school car boor sale for 5 pounds for two, the girl says she never used them as she only TDs her clothes so was happy to get rid of them and I was very happy to receive them, as for the same ones were 17pounds each in the shop.

Fuddle I hope your sewing turns out really well for your little DD.

Kitcat I hope you are able to get things sorted out at school for your DS

It is now bucketing down and getting heavier.
    C.R.A.P. R.O.O.L.Z. Member. 21 Norn Iron deputy h
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Cheap at the price MAR I'll throw in all the rest of the Easter Chocolate that didn't get eaten and a tow rope in case you want to go water skiing!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure