We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    How did kitty get on at the vets LIR?
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Fine thanks better days.

Bet the chippy wasn't open so she couldn't have the cod I'd promised her for supper. She has to go back for a blood test later this week though.

When I went out to the town to get the fish I discovered a van had come off out rod, into a ditch and hedge, on the other side of the road, so not my hedge but one of the neighbours. Right on a bend. Silly sausage. Ditch is full too, bet it was fun getting out of the van, door was over the ditch.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    How are the knees Dave after lugging those blocks up a ladder? I love the idea of building a house in 6 weeks.

I only have one somewhat dodgy knee now, so I can move upwards using the other one to do the major weight-bearing. It's the same with my ams, but I've been learning to do more with my left one.

The main thing is that we have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-Steel-Brick-Block-Lifter-Adjustable-Tongs-Site-Tools-To-Clear-/271634875770?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3f3eb3457a

Without it, taking 30- 40 wet concrete blocks a day up a scaffold ladder would be more of a challenge than I would want! :)

Yes, I've watched Grand Designs in the past, but I lost faith with it a bit when it featured a house where I used to live. :(

The bungalow in 6 weeks project was purely a speculative thing. It's already on the market again!
  • Davesnave
    Here is a picture taken this afternoon under our tarpaulin 'tent' during one of the calmer interludes:

2z87zo2.jpg
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    rsrjud.jpg waitinig for the farrier ! he seems to get a bad back after his visit ???
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    A herd of minis must be a blacksmiths nightmare. My equine podiatrist does a mini that I know she sits done to do.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    A herd of minis must be a blacksmiths nightmare. My equine podiatrist does a mini that I know she sits done to do.
    :rotfl::rotfl: mine kneels down :rotfl: sorry your cats not well at the mo :( i had email from owner of the 2 horses we have on loan and asking for pics if possible. so i took some today and sent them to her [shes a lovely lady] then i happened on a pic of when he arrived...:eek: its like hes gone from a prince to a chav !! :rotfl: i hope she doesnt get a shock :o the wind here was strong last night but ive known worse [when dogs have had cabbage :o:D:D ] been dry most of the day, sun even popped in to say hi, so looks like you lot have had it tougher ....:( hope all your roof's stay on and no damage .... GREAT NEWS RE PIGLIES :T:T
  • Davesnave
    All quiet on the Western Front......

And the Hippo man came and removed my Hippo bag full of plasterboard....at 05.55!:T
  • Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    What an effecient hippo man Dave :D Don't think we have ever had any deliveries or collections that early. Is your cat getting her 'what a brave kitty' fish today LIR? I don't think we have ever given ours fish apart from Tuna which they turned their velvet noses up at.

Still quite windy here and chilly too, only 6 degrees.

Mr BD kindly got up at 5.30am and put the heating on for me - we still only have an on/off switch for the boiler. We had told the installer to put the old programmer back on as it is better than just a switch. Turns out he didn't know how to reinstate the wiring, but didn't want to admit it. If he had bothered to ask he would have found out that on the shelf above the boiler are instructions for the programmer, including wiring diagram. :mad::mad::mad:
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Not sure better days. :). Right now, having done the morning stuff, I'm back in bed with her, which is her favourite thing, and she's purring like a motor bike :).

Maybe I'll leave fish until Friday now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure