IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Carflow Parking Appeal

13»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    My fault chaps - yes they DID submit a full pack but got it in apparently after this 21 day deadline - which I wasn't aware of until now

I bet the PPC wasn't either :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    My fault chaps - yes they DID submit a full pack but got it in apparently after this 21 day deadline - which I wasn't aware of until now
    That is funny! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hello - I am a newbie and have spent most of my evening, reading with interest, many many posts (my eyes are feeling rather square!). I have learnt a lot but am still unsure as to where I stand with the PCN I have received from Carflow. I ask kindly for your experienced advice (I have read the Newbies post):
    Carflow have issued (in my name) a paring charge notice for overstaying a 60 min max free stay period in breach of the terms and conditions of the car park (by 29 mins).

I am a breastfeeding mother and the overstay occurred because my 3 month old became upset on getting him back into the car, which resulted in me needing to feed him. I have appealed to Carflow to make them aware of this. They have rejected this and given me a code to appeal to POPLA. However, they have notified me that if I appeal to popla, I lose the opportunity to pay Carflow's discounted fine rate of £60 (rather than £100)... The site is at St Peter's Court car park. What I would like to know is, whether it is worth appealing. Whether breastfeeding my child is solely enough grounds to appeal. Many thanks in advance (and apologies if I have not posted in the correct place).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    emma_uk23 wrote: »
    Hello - I am a newbie and have spent most of my evening, reading with interest, many many posts (my eyes are feeling rather square!). I have learnt a lot but am still unsure as to where I stand with the PCN I have received from Carflow. I ask kindly for your experienced advice (I have read the Newbies post):
    Carflow have issued (in my name) a paring charge notice for overstaying a 60 min max free stay period in breach of the terms and conditions of the car park (by 29 mins).

I am a breastfeeding mother and the overstay occurred because my 3 month old became upset on getting him back into the car, which resulted in me needing to feed him. I have appealed to Carflow to make them aware of this. They have rejected this and given me a code to appeal to POPLA. However, they have notified me that if I appeal to popla, I lose the opportunity to pay Carflow's discounted fine rate of £60 (rather than £100)... The site is at St Peter's Court car park. What I would like to know is, whether it is worth appealing. Whether breastfeeding my child is solely enough grounds to appeal. Many thanks in advance (and apologies if I have not posted in the correct place).
    Breastfeeding is mitigating circumstances which POPLA will NOT consider. Well in their eyes it is!

Have you given away who the driver was?

Please tell us in a new thread of your own (not here) and please show us the PCN and signs if you have pics. As a newbie you can't post working links to photos and scans so host them on tinypic or Dropbox and show us a 'broken' URL (charge http to hxxp is the easiest way to show us pics).

But on your own new thread please, Emma.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I have just been slapped with the £60 fine for parking over and hour in Chalfont St Peter Carflow managed area.

A quick unobtrusive look at their website shows that they are badly breaching new GDPR regulations and are likely to be fined ( £10m or 4% of their total revenues). I have offered them some expert advice for the mere cost of my parking ticket. Let us see if they take it, if not, as a duty to everyone in the past and future whose data they hold, I will report their security breach on the 26th May.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Hijacking someone else's old thread like this is pointless

Start your own thread if you wish a discussion on this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business