Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• My gas switch has exceeded those timescales so I've sent them a direct message (DM) on Twitter. I'll report back.

They got back to me via DM promptly this morning and confirmed my gas will switch on 16th March. This will just avoid me going on to BG's standard tariff which expired on 28th Feb.

To confirm another question above, I applied directly to Iresa.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    They got back to me via DM promptly this morning and confirmed my gas will switch on 16th March. This will just avoid me going on to BG's standard tariff which expired on 28th Feb.

To confirm another question above, I applied directly to Iresa.

You would have stayed on your old BG fixed tariff until the transfer had gone through. The important thing is the Network notification of a transfer in progress not the actual transfer date.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,210
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This post may help you http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72078161&postcount=177

If you use that email address make sure you include your account details and meter point info in the email.

I tried that but still no reading showing on elec account.

Transfer was 8th Feb for dual fuel.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,210
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    icharus wrote: »

My first direct debit went through on the 30th January, I have just checked and strangely no further dd has been taken.

Same here, first direct debit 31st Jan and nothing since. At least EON are not taking any further direct debits. I will be in credit when the final bill is calculated.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gambler wrote: »

Check under "help and support" and your message should be there, what they choose to do with it is another matter of course.
  • Gambler wrote: »

Don't know if this helps or not but the email response I received from Iresa quotes the following
    The time to validate your readings can take anywhere from 1 - 14 days.
    Even the confirmation after submitting normal month end readings quotes the same. I may be wrong but I somehow doubt that they would be submitting every reading they ever receive for validation by this mystical third party.
  • System
    Community Admin
    edited 6 March 2017 at 3:28PM
    Don't know if this helps or not but the email response I received from Iresa quotes the following

Even the confirmation after submitting normal month end readings quotes the same. I may be wrong but I somehow doubt that they would be submitting every reading they ever receive for validation by this mystical third party.

ALL readings go to the data Collectors (third-party) for validation and have done for years. Why?

1. Some people do not bother to submit a reading.

2. Many submit a reading but mis-read the meter (particularly, the ones with spinning dials)

3. A lot of people lie because at a time of rising prices they think that they can save a few £s.

4. As the verified readings are used by both the losing and gaining suppliers, it reduces the number of disputes that can take up to 12 weeks to resolve.

The answer = SMART METERS.

PS The data on your property - over 70 years old in some cases - is used to adjust your monthly DD. On switch, the gaining supplier is passed an Estimated Annual Consumption (EAC) for electricity and Annual Quantity (AQ) for gas for your property.
  • The reason I doubted it is that your explanation doesn't explain how EON (and maybe a few other suppliers) were and are able to accept a meter reading, validate it and have a bill ready for me to download within an hour or two at the most. This was always the case even prior to a Smart meter being installed.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

I had the same thing, submitted a read for both electricity and gas on the 28th and noticed that the email that arrived had the same note about third party verification as the port-in reading confirmation.

So far the electric reading has appeared on the account but the gas hasn't.

The verified reads at transfer had the gas figure increased, but the latest reading was still higher, so it's not like its going backwards.

@Hengus, are you saying that every single reading is sent for verification? Not just the readings used when changing supplier?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • System
    Community Admin
    edited 6 March 2017 at 6:00PM
    Raxiel wrote: »
    @Hengus, are you saying that every single reading is sent for verification? Not just the readings used when changing supplier?

No - just the readings on switch. However, Iresa does have some form of internal verification process as it can take 3 to 4 days for the reading that you provide to appear in your Transactions Log. Then again, they might just be very slow at updating their systems.

Edit

I have just checked and the gas meter reading given to them on the 26th February seems to have fallen into a black hole.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure