The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on closing a card! That's great news.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Bob. I have been working my way through your diary. I will get to the end. I read way to many diarys though.

There was no way I was going to spend on it again. It's quite funny when you ring up to close and their tone of voice changes. She did warn me that once closed I couldn't open it again. Oh what a shame...:rotfl:.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

Last night i started to add up the interest paid in the past yea but stopped as i started to feel sick. Oh how stupid i have been. Never mind, thats the past and its time to move on.
    Feeling positive.
    Me too. At least you started adding it up, I've never dared but a quick in my head calculation tells me it is thousands. But, lesson learnt. Never gain eh? Maya Angelou says 'do the best you can until you know better and when you know better do better' We have done that :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Me too. At least you started adding it up, I've never dared but a quick in my head calculation tells me it is thousands. But, lesson learnt. Never gain eh? Maya Angelou says 'do the best you can until you know better and when you know better do better' We have done that :)

Too right. As much as I hate the debt and what it's cost (not just in monetary terms), I appriciate what it's taught me.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Thanks Bob. I have been working my way through your diary. I will get to the end. I read way to many diarys though.

There was no way I was going to spend on it again. It's quite funny when you ring up to close and their tone of voice changes. She did warn me that once closed I couldn't open it again. Oh what a shame...:rotfl:.

No worries, it's rambles I'm afraid :T yes I'm sure they don't like closures. But like all banks etc it is fine when it's on their terms....

• parsniphead
    Options
    Funny night tonight.

I popped to mums and she was watching some program about bailiffs and people having their homes repossessed. It was such a sad and sobering programme with the one family having a debt goes from £5000 to £30000 due to added costs, etc. It really made me think about how precarious life is when you have debt hanging over your head. It's made me so much more determined. It made me so sad seeing those people having their life's taken away from them.

It's been a no spend day today. The only time i popped out was to take DS to a birthday party locally.

Earlier I was watching a few YouTube videos and saw this woman doing a '30 bags in 30 days challenge'. I have so much clutter to get rid of so I have decided to start tomorrow and do my own version. Not sure where to start as I have so many places to sort out.:eek:

Time to go to bed now for a little read before sleep.

Night all.

P x

• Bobarella
    Options
    Was that ' Can't Pay we take it away?' that is a sad programme.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Yes it was. After seeing that I'm so glad I don't bother watching TV. It prayed on my mind all night. I know it happens but to see it happen is scary. To be honest it has frightened me a bit and I have spent most of the night running ideas through my head of how to get rid of debt asap. Once its gone it will be the mortgage I hit. I only have £37500 left to pay on it, which compared to some folks is a small amount.

I will much much happier when its gone and my roof is mine.

Sorry to sound negative but it shook me up.

I'm going to start my 30 bags challenge in a while. I will see how far I get today.

• Bobarella
    Options
    Don't apologise for having human decency. I watch the show myself sometimes and you are right it is trading on the fear most people feel about losing their home. Great idea to hit the mortgage next!

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Morning..

I've never watched that programme but OH has - it really saddens me also and the reality of it happening to me frightens me... it is one of my greatest fears is to lose my home and we have come close in the past. I just cant watch programs like that as they are too close to the bone so to speak, but I really do emphasise with anyone who goes through difficult times.

Good luck with the bag challenge Parsnip - just start in one room - probably common sense would say - the worst room - but my brain works the other way round and I would start in the room that needs the least decluttering first and then I would say - yes one room completed - then move on to the next room;)

Get them bin bags out :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport