The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Chrystal wrote: »
    First of all may I say well done and (((hugs))) on achieving what you have so far. You're doing really well, and knowing what you NEED to do to get where you want to be is a massive plus.

I think the way you feel about yourself will resonate with a lot of people - it certainly does with me and I haven't any debt so can't even use that as a reason for letting everything go! :mad:

It's so easy to slide into negative thinking, or not being able to be bothered with anything, including yourself. On the positive side you've woken up to the fact that the solution is in your hands, and doesn't need to cost much, while you're still young enough for it to make a massive difference to your life.

My advice is get your hair done and your new glasses ASAP. This will give a massive boost to your self esteem and probably make you want to wear makeup etc to show off the new look. Jeans needn't cost a lot and Charity shops are there waiting to be explored for some bright 'new' clothes until you can sew yourself some outfits.
    Use the energy you've created by being mad at yourself to keep on doing what you're doing now and before you know it you'll see a new you looking back at you in the mirror. You CAN it and you DESERVE it. XX

Youre right chrystal. Thank you. The glasses are a must, i need to see properly. I'm also going to run with the p1ssed off mood and change it to determination. Who would have thought clearing drains could be a self therapy. Obviously seeing the changes has made me realise I've not only missed out on the big things but i have let the small tbings slide unnessecerily.

None of us should let ourselves go that much. Its very disrespectf isn't it.

I'm going to face shopping.:eek: I'm not a shopper but needs must.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Parsniphead - You're not the only one. Following on from something that happened a couple of weeks ago I realized I had been spending so much time worrying about everyone else that I'd neglected me. It's going to change from now on. When the hairdresser opens on Tuesday I'm making an appointment for the cut and colour. Today I start attending to all the personal things I've neglected - looking after my skin etc (it's not as if I don't have the products) and, for the sake of my health as much as anything else, the excess weight has to go. And I'm not letting anybody tell me that I look OK when I know I don't. Thanks for the inspiration. Let us know how things go.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • parsniphead
    Parsniphead - You're not the only one. Following on from something that happened a couple of weeks ago I realized I had been spending so much time worrying about everyone else that I'd neglected me. It's going to change from now on. When the hairdresser opens on Tuesday I'm making an appointment for the cut and colour. Today I start attending to all the personal things I've neglected - looking after my skin etc (it's not as if I don't have the products) and, for the sake of my health as much as anything else, the excess weight has to go. And I'm not letting anybody tell me that I look OK when I know I don't. Thanks for the inspiration. Let us know how things go.

Good for you Tonisfriend and thanks. I forgot hairdressers were closed on mondays.

Over the years and i have read possibly hundreds of diarys which seem to have the same threads. No money, self neglect and overweight. I'm exactly the same and for no reason.

You keep going, you will get there.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Over the years and i have read possibly hundreds of diarys which seem to have the same threads. No money, self neglect and overweight. I'm exactly the same and for no reason.
    Agree totally Parsniphead. Sometimes I wonder if underlying all these issues is a lack of self esteem/self worth. So we work at the symptoms like self neglect and weight issues and lack of money when really we should be looking at the cause and doing something about that. Maybe the symptoms would look after themselves then? Just a thought...Maybe when this debt is paid off I will have a bit of counselling...

Enjoy your day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 July 2017 at 10:11AM
    Hi PH. Absolutely know what you mean. Twins!

1. Hair. I would do this first - or trying glasses on will depress you. Do you just need a cut or colour as well? I was using dye (decent brands but £shop purchased) but have now cracked and pay to have it done every 8 weeks and I didn't think through the financial and time commitment (3 hours because I have highlights!). Maybe have a look at your local colleges with beauty students? Colour - perm or semi perm, colour range?

2. Glasses. There are apps you can download where you upload a photo and 'try' different styles. I cant see without my glasses on so I hate buying new pairs. I think its the 'should have gone to...' peoples app so the glasses are reasonable price wise.

3. Clothes. I am the same as you - default to scruffy jeans and bobbled jumper. I've been buying a few things to slowly reduce this but I only want to buy things that I really like, rather than just because it was a bargain. I also hate shopping which doesn't help. Most of my clothes are black which doesn't actually suit me!

I just want to be clean and neat, not dolled up to the nines.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Sometimes I wonder if underlying all these issues is a lack of self esteem/self worth. So we work at the symptoms like self neglect and weight issues and lack of money when really we should be looking at the cause and doing something about that.
    I think there is definitely something in that.
    I just want to be clean and neat, not dolled up to the nines
    Me too and I also hate clothes shopping but that might be because I hate the way I look.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • parsniphead
    Agree totally Parsniphead. Sometimes I wonder if underlying all these issues is a lack of self esteem/self worth. So we work at the symptoms like self neglect and weight issues and lack of money when really we should be looking at the cause and doing something about that. Maybe the symptoms would look after themselves then? Just a thought...Maybe when this debt is paid off I will have a bit of counselling...

Enjoy your day :)

Absolutely DIA. I've never been a confident person, Incredibly shy as child and now very introverted in real life. One thing definitely leads to another. I think my sorting out of life has become my therapy. If counselling appeals go to it.

• parsniphead
    hex2 wrote: »
    Hi PH. Absolutely know what you mean. Twins!

1. Hair. I would do this first - or trying glasses on will depress you. Do you just need a cut or colour as well? I was using dye (decent brands but £shop purchased) but have now cracked and pay to have it done every 8 weeks and I didn't think through the financial and time commitment (3 hours because I have highlights!). Maybe have a look at your local colleges with beauty students? Colour - perm or semi perm, colour range?

2. Glasses. There are apps you can download where you upload a photo and 'try' different styles. I cant see without my glasses on so I hate buying new pairs. I think its the 'should have gone to...' peoples app so the glasses are reasonable price wise.

3. Clothes. I am the same as you - default to scruffy jeans and bobbled jumper. I've been buying a few things to slowly reduce this but I only want to buy things that I really like, rather than just because it was a bargain. I also hate shopping which doesn't help. Most of my clothes are black which doesn't actually suit me!

I just want to be clean and neat, not dolled up to the nines.

Hello Hex

I tend to go between two styles with hair as I can't style it.:o Its going grey though which shows a lot on dark brown. I've considered some kind of highlight/lowlight thing but have never had a colour at the hairdressers.

I'm the same with glasses. How can you try them properly when you can't see them. But to be honest with the lenses I have I have to stick to smaller frames.

I don't do dolled up either.

• parsniphead
    I think there is definitely something in that.

Me too and I also hate clothes shopping but that might be because I hate the way I look.

Clothes shopping is so difficult. When I do go I try things on with my back to the mirror then turn around.:rotfl:

• parsniphead
    edited 30 July 2017 at 10:43PM
    My final post of the day I promise.

I have sat and done my budget tonight and it works on paper, including bills and some savings for annual payments with a little bit of wriggle room. My next big bill is house insurance in october which if i remember rightly was about £220 last year for buildings and contents. I will have the money by then which is lovely and very organised of me.;)

I just need to be really strict and stick to it. Tomorrow i will withdraw the cash for my envelopes and fill up gas/electricity and petrol.

I have some more sewing to finish tomorrow then start on DH's shirts for his birthday. I could do with staying up tonight for a few hours but im feeling exhausted and will need to be up at 5am tomorrow.:eek:

Anyway a bit of house insurance research then bed. Niight all.

Edited to say after initial quick search i have reduced my house by £100 for the year coming. I will do a proper search to.orrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure