Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Received an email today the 5th from TCB offering £10 off a £50 shop at Amazon. The only problem the offer ended on the 3rd. :(
  • wannaberichbtch
    Options
    I applied for, was accepted and have used a Santander credit card through Topcashback. The application tracked as pending but has subsequently been declined, no reason given. Looking at the TCB reviews this appears to be a regular occurrence for Santander credit card applications, through TCB. Please look into this matter.
  • woodface7
    woodface7 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is Tesco Clubcard still a payout option? Missing from my list.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @ legendkiller2k8 - well done with that SKY issue. Great result after a fight (with a known problem merchant) and you have achieved what tcb couldn't, Be proud.

@ wannaberichbtch - Santander (like SKY) is yet another merchant that thinks it can abuse affiliate marketing. Easy to resolve as Santander don't like going the Financial Ombudsman (mis-selling) route. I'll let tcb explain that one. But, for a genuine transaction, you will be paid. You will have to fight though, like many others! Though some do just accept defeat!

@ woodface7 - not all merchants allow you to cash out with the Tesco Clubcard option. Could be the reason?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I do hope you are all doing well!

@LegendKiller2k8 – Merchant’s customer care teams do of course have their own ways of making discretionary goodwill payments. However, we do suggest members do not ask merchants about cashback related queries as for a large amount of queries it can cause confusion as they are not always aware of how cashback works as it is commission based.

@roddydogs – Can I kindly ask if you have taken a look at your estimated payable date which you can see here: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/earnings/date ? We do kindly ask you to allow a further few weeks after this estimate as sometimes we can be a little out.

@notbritishgas – Could you kindly forward me a copy of this email to mse@topcashback.co.uk please? I will take a look at this to see if we sent this out late or if your email provider took a day or so to put the email in your inbox.

@wannaberichbtch Unfortunately people are more like to write negative reviews rather than positive ones. I will be more than happy to take a closer look at your transaction if you would kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and include your transaction date.

@woodface7 – Clubcard is certainly very much still an option on our site. Can you kindly make sure your card details are entered onto the following page: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/paymentdetails ?

@B_M - many thanks for your post and messages to other members. Your contribution is very much appreciated!

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • zebusi
    zebusi Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    i've requested a payout but when i click on the email verification link it keeps saying error occured? shall i just keep trying?
  • BartyBoy
    BartyBoy Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear TCB

I can't believe I need to come here again to talk about a rejected cashback.

I logged on to my TCB account in May to buy a brand new car insurance policy. I clicked the button on your website then I was diverted to AXA to process and complete the purchase. Your website clearly said the transaction was recorded and I just needed to shop as usual. I got a new quote from AXA, then paid for the policy in full, that was that.

But some days passed by, I did not receive any notifications from you to confirm this specific transaction, so I had to lodge an untracked claim manually even my account does show I did click to AXA. My claim was put on hold (on ice) for 2 months waiting for the verification to complete.

I waited, then few days ago I was told by you that my cashback claim was rejected by AXA. Your explanation to me was the network has not identified TCB as the last referral to the merchant’s site and this transaction. I am confused, I clicked on your website first to get a new quote then paid for it, how could AXA not identify you were the last referral?

I asked you to give me more details about AXA's decision, such as who the last referral was. You said you didn't know and couldn't tell. So from a customer's point of view, I just found the whole thing is frustrating and bitterly disappointing.

And now I have waited over 2 months then learned I am not getting my cashback (£35) from the AXA policy. If this happened weeks earlier, I would have cancelled my policy with AXA and go somewhere for a car insurance policy with a cashback. I really feel let down and being tricked here!

Many thanks

Bart
  • 1D1F
    1D1F Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2015 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Can you clarify the rules on payments to Clubcard? If you want to add your clubcard, you get a scary warning:

"Each Clubcard Account can only be linked to a maximum of 1 TopCashback Account. Multiple TopCashback or Tesco Clubcard Accounts cannot be created to try and withdraw more cashback as Tesco Clubcard Points. Any attempts to do this will result in the TopCashback Account being terminated, and any cashback/clubcard points being revoked."

Yet I expect most households have a couple of TCB accounts and a Clubcard for each person, quite legitimately. Clubcard seem to combine all householders points into one statement and voucher payout however. Effectively one account per household.

So could two TCB account holders from one household who both register their Clubcard numbers at TCB find themselves accused of fraud and have their accounts closed and earnings taken?
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi TCB, ins was taken out on 4/6, but it still says 6 weeks to go & "It may take longer"?
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I do hope you are all doing well!

@LegendKiller2k8 – Merchant’s customer care teams do of course have their own ways of making discretionary goodwill payments. However, we do suggest members do not ask merchants about cashback related queries as for a large amount of queries it can cause confusion as they are not always aware of how cashback works as it is commission based.

@roddydogs – Can I kindly ask if you have taken a look at your estimated payable date which you can see here: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/earnings/date ? We do kindly ask you to allow a further few weeks after this estimate as sometimes we can be a little out.

@notbritishgas – Could you kindly forward me a copy of this email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] please? I will take a look at this to see if we sent this out late or if your email provider took a day or so to put the email in your inbox.

@wannaberichbtch Unfortunately people are more like to write negative reviews rather than positive ones. I will be more than happy to take a closer look at your transaction if you would kindly send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] and include your transaction date.

@woodface7 – Clubcard is certainly very much still an option on our site. Can you kindly make sure your card details are entered onto the following page: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/paymentdetails ?

@B_M - many thanks for your post and messages to other members. Your contribution is very much appreciated!

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I understand what you're saying but when TCB refuse point blank to help anymore what more can a person do than challenge the merchant themselves, cashback may be seen by you guys as a bonus but end of the day it is infact a incentive and the law clearly states incentives must be fulfilled.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback