Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Judi wrote: »
    Has anyone found the lemon premium washing up liquid has been filled with the original green formula? Its been going on for weeks at the Aldi store i go to.

Yes it is bright blue, but smells of lemon.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    New product: Lidl Skyr - Thick, zero-fat yogurt with fruit flavours. I had the Blueberry, which was a little light on fruit, but had an intensely purple colour. Very tasty - slightly reminiscent of zero fat Fromage Frais.
  • And syn free on slimming world!

But only the Lidl one, not the Arla Skyr.

Although I have just come back from our local Lidl and there was an Arla lorry arriving.....
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    New product: Lidl Skyr - Thick, zero-fat yogurt with fruit flavours. I had the Blueberry, which was a little light on fruit, but had an intensely purple colour. Very tasty - slightly reminiscent of zero fat Fromage Frais.
  • Cornucopia
    Although I have just come back from our local Lidl and there was an Arla lorry arriving.....

It's one of the inconvenient facts about Lidl & Aldi that their detractors overlook - many of their products are made by mainstream food manufacturers in the same factories in which they make branded products.

The most obvious example is Warburtons Bread, but there are plenty of others.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    robrymond wrote: »
    Yes it is bright blue, but smells of lemon.
    hadnt noticed the smell... or the colour obviously but had noticed it wasnt yellow .:o
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    .... breakfast wheat biscuits....

I like the L*dl ones - they have two boxes - Bixies are the nicer ones, Simply are smaller/hard. Eat Bixies, avoid Simply.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just tried Lidl's W5 washing up liquid for the first time (don't have a store nearby, so this was an irregular visit).

Works really well, need to use about half as much as the previous branf I was using (from Home Bargains).

Can't really figure out what it smells of, but it is very pleasant.
  • Cornucopia
    edited 28 October 2016 at 12:20PM
    New Product:-

Aldi Wholemeal Wraps - 8 large wraps for 69p

It's not clear whether these replace the "Best of Both" wraps, or are an addition to the range.
  • As per the title and on offer this week for £3.99......well I have just had it for my tea and it was absolutely delicious...and good amounts..did as a main meal for me and OH.....hth x
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 November 2016 at 10:20PM
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Aldi had got any Christmas stock out yet? They had their version of Ferrero Rocher last year and honestly I thought they tasted better than the Ferrero Rocher and half the price!

I saw what I think was them in Aldi today (I think they're called 'nocciola'). A different looking pack to last year (silver coloured), and only containing 12 (I think last year it was 16), but the price is unchanged at £1.99.
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport