I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    And so we come to another eventful day at beales in poole:)
    The loyalty card i now have, must be aboout a million points.
    As the sale is still on ( and i need the basics ), i spent a fair bit.

I purchhased : a fridge freezer/ washing machine / dyson cordless vacuum/ pillows / mattress ..and a recliner. Nearly forgot the cutlery:)
    The delivery charge was knocked off, and over a £250. Saving .on the chair
    The people delivering the fridge freezer. Will take away the old one.
    The sales assistant( same lady as sat) was brilliant.

What also happened was , my card was declined:eek:
    I received a rext because i paid differently for delivery on other things
    So , hrart attack was only temporary.

Today, i feel full of life and am destined to kick tgis excessive weight into touch. Looking like 3 darts players is not fun.
    Its only tge belly really , as i have no bum. No more lucozade for me.
    I must be serious because, this is the first time that i can recall going into m&s and not picking up multiple packs of honey roast ham crisps
    In fact, i didnt buy any crisps .
    Living on your own, can be deadly . May get a small blender that crushes ice. Bamix are way too expensive . Time to start making fruit drinks ..
    No bum?! How do you manage?! :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can see , I still enjoy the craic
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm not surprised the sales lady was brilliant........all that commission. :rotfl:

Saw two bungalows. TBH Neither made my heart sing but one of them kicks most of the boxes and could be made to fit my exacting standards. :rotfl:

I will make an offer.
  • another_casualty
    I'm not surprised the sales lady was brilliant........all that commission. :rotfl:

Saw two bungalows. TBH Neither made my heart sing but one of them kicks most of the boxes and could be made to fit my exacting standards. :rotfl:

I will make an offer.

Wow ! Hope you make it your own LL
    Sometimes , it's a case of compromise . As I'm writing this , I'm looking out over the fantastic views on the balcony .
    I won't be able to do this in a couple of weeks:(
    Then again , I won't have a couple of young babies screaming and bawling and the noise of heavy buffalos above me , so pros and cons as you know :)
  • JustAboutThere
    JustAboutThere Posts: 523 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I know the feeling.

Sometimes staff really should stop and think about what they're saying.

About a year after I'd bought my property, I'd saved up enough and went to my local electrical store to buy a washing machine and a cooker. Cost was around £700.

Staff member, instead of asking along the lines of "do you need anything else", came out with the cracker of "is that it?"

£700 quid not enough for you!!!

If I didn't have family arriving in a day or so and needing the two items, I would have gladly told the young miss what she could do with said pieces of equipment.
  • another_casualty
    True justabout :)

So i just spoke to a nice guy from vodafone. We both complemented each other on great customer/ great customer service .
    I managed to get a good deal that im happy with, so i 'll stay another 24 months with the new iphone s e when it arrives .
    Didnt want the 7 as there is no headphone socket etc.
    Saves me looking for puk codes, looking for alternative providers etc
    So thats another thing done .
    Good day today :)
  • another_casualty
    edited 2 May 2017 at 7:23PM
    My god! After spending 45 mins or so with Vodafone , I nearly forgot
    to go and have a look at the bathroom . James is doing his business well, it has to be said . Not far off ..

Regarding the customer service at beales: Lady was great. I must've appeared lapsidasical at times because i had so many things to remember as to what to buy now / best bargain / longest delivery time etc . I made sure I saw the same lady today as I wanted her to get all the commission. I must've been like a contestant in supermarket sweep or something. Definitely a kid in a sweetshop:) **
    I always like to be laid back , and make sure that whoever I speak to knows this .
    Same with Vodafone . When I get questionnaire through, I will give the chap,top marks as he really went out of his way for me .
    ** when I type this word in, it keeps changing to sweatshop. I never went to sports direct :)**
    Suppose I'd better contact carpetright , and get the flat fitted for (hopefully ) 2 -3 weeks time or so so that the main stuff is done .
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've never heard of Beales, but I'm guessing a department store - it sounds just like my kind of place :)
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I've never heard of Beales, but I'm guessing a department store - it sounds just like my kind of place :)
    Yes it is. When I was little we used to go to Bournemouth every year on holiday (we lived in Scotland - took around 12 hours :eek:. And when we got to Salisbury (I think) we were always in a queue. Many cars with overheated radiators etc - I remember dad opening the radiator very carefully with a cloth and a geyser erupting :rotfl:). Anyway, one of the highlights of the holiday was the weekly trip to the posh tearoom in Beales and picking the cakes (served with silver tongs) from the tea trolley :T:T:T. Oh happy days :D.

Em, happy shopping AC, watch you don't run out of money :naughty::naughty::naughty:.
    Save
    Save
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Is the tearoom still there AC - I must say I like the sound of this shop!
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport