PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house for sale....

Options

Comments

• AndyBSG
    AndyBSG Posts: 986 Forumite
    Options
    Tell your neighbour to get on Rightmove and look at other 4 bedroom houses in the TA6 postcode.

I just looked at the first 4 that come up within the 238K to 243K bracket and they're all much better properties than your neighbours.

Looks roughly 15K overpriced compared to comparable properties
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And for god's sake don't show them this thread...
    No need, all they need to do is Google the Rightmove page if they want to find our "advice":

https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=off&q=http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59112985.html&spf=1495033028945
  • The_Logans
    The_Logans Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close. Think large quad bikes being revved at up to 1 am and them spewing gravel all over the road as they enter and leave.

The front garden and drive they ripped up with many comments about "I'm going to get it done, I know the costings" adn its now been like that for over a year. Quoted now as "not going to spend money on doing the drive now".

Bloke wants the full asking price - but he wants to buy out the woman. Woman just wants it sold.

So are you friendly enough with them to pass on any of the requested advice you get on here? It not, there's not much point in slating your neighbours on a public forum and posting a link to their house.
  • Helvetica_Van_Buren
    Options
    On the whole it's a nice house. It's overpriced.
  • Aced2016
    Aced2016 Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    Asking price too high !

Red bedroom is horrid, brown wall in living room isn't great, nor is purple bedroom. I would give it a more neutral colour scheme. De clutter a little.

I would also get rid of photos of front of the house I feel it doesn't do it any justice, looks dull and un inviting !
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Nice enough house, can only guess as others have stated that it's overpriced for the area. Just wish houses were that price where I live lol
  • TheDebtinator
    TheDebtinator Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    I clearly live in the wrong area - that is a nigh on £400k house where I live!
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Possibly £650k - £700k where I am.

I blame the estate agents.
  • Cliveman_Pieman
    Options
    Believe me, you do not want to live in Bridgwater.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Surrey_EA wrote: »
    Possibly £650k - £700k where I am.

I blame the estate agents.

Pah

Thats £5,000,000 where I am.

Peasants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories