Enjoy lovely lovely Kew :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    You sound like me with housework. With all the boxes etc my house looks shocking again! But that's what a long Easter weekend is for.

I always feel that some companies deliberately make cancelling a contract difficult. I agree to visit the shop as you may get someone lovely to help you when it's face to face. They don't even allow you to reset your security stuff easily.

I hope Kew helped you de-stress and that you both had a lovely day.

I'm sorry to hear about your Neice although it was lovely to hear how good your visit was.

MTx
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Hi DIA, just stopping by to catch up. sounds like you're doing great! I wish i had the eye for YS bargains like you!

Definitely either go into store or call again and demand to speak to a manager. They can't just not deal with you because you don't pass security, there must be a second stage of security that you can go through or they can tell you what you need to do to cancel. Ridiculous.

Hope you get it sorted.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    "Definitely either go into store or call again and demand to speak to a manager. They can't just not deal with you because you don't pass security, there must be a second stage of security that you can go through or they can tell you what you need to do to cancel. Ridiculous."

Thanks JoJo. I'm going to go there on Saturday with the contract as MT suggests as I have the Easter break off :) Feeling a little less stressed about it now. It is cheap £10 a month contract, but it all adds up and I'm not paying for what isn't being provided! Popping over to your diary in a minute to see how you are doing :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    WFH today :)

I wanted to steam mop the dining room floor but there was so much rubbish on it I have been all day trying to clear it.

I have been active today but needed to keep listing tasks and activities to keep me motivated

DONE
    Cleaned and packed away boots
    Packed individual heater away
    Ironing
    Old shoes designated for working in the garden
    Cleaned purse/Bag
    Read meters and phoned in new readings
    Washing sorted for laundry
    New dinner plates found from stores
    Rescued magazine rack and repurposed
    Vitamins taken
    Lentil and spinach soup made
    Toes painted and eyebrows tidied
    Dining room table clutter removed and table cleaned
    Loo shelf cleaned and loo rolls of floor and on shelf
    Toilet cleaned
    Chair repurposed to bedroom so no excuse to take off clothes, leave on the bottom of the bed and get kicked to the floor during the night

DECLUTTERED
    A book
    Cotton leggings turned into cleaning rags
    Keyring
    Sports bag
    Shampoo decluttered into the hand wash bottle
    Picture and frame

DOING
    Burning grapefruit and eucalyptus oils AM
    Peppermint PM

Hoping your day has been sunny and positive :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    Options
    Wow, you have been busy! I like the idea of listing what you have achieved to keep you motivated to do more, I must try to adopt that tactic.

Have a great day :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I find it hard only being able to make payment to my debt once a month. I am also finding it hard not being able to make any progress on the house at the moment :(

I am so ashamed of my bathroom sometimes I could cry. Nothing I can do about it other than suck it up and keep going…

I have 8 months left until my DF date (if all goes according to plan) so eyes on the prize.

Doing
    Burning Clary Sage for balanced mental health and grapefruit to uplift me

My jeans are looser this week, so I have lost weight. I don’t own scales, they were decluttered, but I monitor my weight by going by clothes sizes. I am pleased. I achieved this all by myself without paying anyone else a penny :)

WFH today :)

Tired. Finding it hard to do stuff today. So, It may be a dull read but my motivation is in decline and it really helps to motivate me when I list things I do so here goes…

Done
    Dishes washed/dried/packed away X1 X1
    Washing done and out drying
    Ironing board packed away
    Finished clearing then sweeping dining room floor
    Dining room floor STEAM CLEANED AFTER A MONTH OF PROCRASTINATION AND DUST!!
    Dining room skirting boards cleaned
    Took vitamins
    Toilet floor steam cleaned
    Dining room big mirror cleaned

Decluttered
    A huge basket of nonsense

I am going to tackle a huge dining cabinet full of stuff next. Starting today!

I hope your day has gone well

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I can't declutter my china. Every cup and plate I touch gives me joy. I love it!!! However, I never use any of it. Ever. This is a problem :(

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    Options
    Well, despite motivation being in decline you still achieved a lot so well done!

I still feel your pain about the bathroom...we decided to leave ours for the time being until we are certain we can afford it which makes me want to sob. Maybe ugly, retro bathrooms will be on trend soon? (Scraping the barrel...)

I think you should use your china! Do you have a treat meal or something that you cook every week that gives you joy? If so, i'd use the china for that :) I hate keeping things good and not using it so I'd say sod it and use it!

• doingitanyway
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    I think you should use your china! Do you have a treat meal or something that you cook every week that gives you joy? If so, i'd use the china for that :) I hate keeping things good and not using it so I'd say sod it and use it!
    Thanks JoJo. The extent of my problem is vast. I probably own 100 cups :eek: all vintage. All beautiful to me. No matter how much I use I have way too much :o

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills