PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 27th November 2017

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Wow! Just wow! Am I right in thinking she's still in nappies, too?.

She isn't quite 18 months!!! She likes the netflix loading screen... I hide ipads (the unlock code is the same as my phone so I have to hide that too) and remotes so she can't play on either.. She says about 4 words which is unheard of for my rabbity bunch who never shut up, she just started walking 2 weeks ago, barely eats any human food but give her an electronic device, she is well away!

OH and DS2 away to work.. Girls have swimming at 1.. and I can't remember which 'safe place' I put the sellotape and name stickers in when I finished wrapping on Thursday!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Right.. cuppa slurped.. and baby fed.

Sort swimming gear
    load pushchair
    find shoes and dclothes for girls
    get dressed myself *slobbed in pjs*
    Load dryer
    Do lunch
    throw anything in the SC for dinner.. I'm going totally lazy.. chucking a beef joint in, with veg and spudatoes and covering it in gravy and calling it casserole.. extra will be saved for tomorrow.. everyone can help themselves as and when then and the smalls who don't like gravy will have freezer grot with veg.

After swimming I need to bath and deflea girls.. again..
    Get down 2 more boxes to wrap.. OH will be home so can cut paper while I wrap, it gets them done much quicker... I need to find the tape dispenser though.. I developed a sensitivity to the tape a few years ago and ended up with an extremely sore mouth and hands so I need as little contact as possible.
    Sort box of christmas stuff to go to my mothers.
    Oh.. and get the girls writing their cards too.. I despise that task! 100+cards to write and check and envelope and stick.. :cry:

Monday while DS3 is at college I need to wrap his stuff.. he follows me around like a little dog so I need to sneak it while he is out.
  • Woke up to find two cats curled up against me for warmth - and a sleeping bloke perched on the edge of the bed with a tiny corner of the quilt because they'd refused to let him get any closer when he crept in at OMG o'clock.

He's doing some washing up whilst I veg out in the bath.

I'm going to wipe over the bathroom once I'm done and then hopefully, there will be some food.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Not doing very well today at all. Apart from Daisy's needs being seen to, all I've achieved is washing the bedlinen and (with Mr LW's assistance) washing my hair, a large handful of which fell out. And I am exhausted to the point of collapse. :( Huge BD has also taken up residence. I haven't even had anything to eat yet today.

Tomorrow Mr LW has to go for his CT scan; I shall be going along with him to bring the car home, and then pick him up when he's been scanned - we are so NOT paying £££ in hospital car parking fees. We did a recce yesterday so we know where to go (they've changed it all round, the disabled parking area no longer exists and the main entrance is in a new place) so I'm glad we did check it out in advance.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good evening Flylady Friends

Firstly, lots of sticks being thrown to LW's BD. And lots of gentle hugs to Valli.

I'm lucky enough to be sat in front of the real fire, drinking a cuppa. And eating chocolate! DH has popped out to the pub and DD is in her room "doing Christmas" so it is quiet and peaceful downstairs. It's been a busy couple of days. Yesterday was a full on day at work. DD went to the local Christmas light switch on with some friends after school, and DH picked her up later as I had a rare evening out with a couple of friends. We live barely a mile apart but hadn't actually met up all together since before the school summer holidays. It was a nice evening with a bottle of bubbly and lots of chat.

Today I took DD up to the big city to see Christmas lights and windows. She did some Christmas shopping while I loitered in doorways. I've done a lot of my buying on E£sy for the past couple of years as I get individual presents from small sellers which suits me. We were done by 2pm, and home by 4pm. Both suitably shattered but everyone seems happy. Dinner has been cooked and eaten, kitchen tidied, 2 loads of washing done and DW running. Enough for today, methinks. X
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. Glad you had a good couple of days Fayolle. Hugs to whoever needs them.

I have loads to do today, all Xmas prep.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    Loads to do, no time, no energy, no sleep... pain in bucketloads.. today will be a very productive day.. hahahaha
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    LW - re parking if you use disabled in multi story I believe it is free and they can bring you a wheel chair. Hope this helps.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I so need to come back and join you all

Kitchen is good to go, but everywhere else is not far off a nightmare
    and no Christmas preparation has been done

Today my mission is to

Lounge Hoover and dust, moving various detritus to its correct home
    Hallway Hoover and dust, moving various detritus to its correct home
    Stairs Hoover and dust, moving various detritus to its correct home
    Landing Hoover and dust, moving various detritus to its correct home

Have you spotted a pattern yet?

Bathroom and ensuite, spray, wipe, replace towels, check supplies

Airing cupboard - empty and sort as most stuff has just been thrown in

Bedroom Hoover and dust, sort floordrobe, change bed

Washing, ironing

Food shop

Sort freezer so can see what space is available for Christmas extras

I will have a tea break at 12:30 and report back on progress

Have a good day all xx
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,017 Forumite
    Good morning everyone :wave:

I've been lurking rather than flying - in 'paid stuff, eat, sleep' mode aka I'd hibernate if I didn't need to earn a living. However, on Monday - with :santa2::xmastree::rudolf: looming heavily over my shoulder like a sledgehammer waiting to drop - I used my knowledge of how things work better (as gleaned from flylady wisdom) and drew up a calendar grid and wrote down everything that has to be done and when - without over-loading any one day: I included paid stuff, pay rent, put out bins, birthdays + when to post cards, as well as all the Christmas tasks :T and all of a sudden it was do-able...mainly because I haven't waited until the last two weeks to try and get organised.And I'm not stressing if something doesn't get done on the right day; its there in black and white and therefore won't be forgotten until the last minute ( like the Advent calendars were - which is what prompted me to draw up the grid in the first place!)

I got up and went into town for the shop opening at 8.30 am yesterday and did a Christmas shopping sweep of the shelves. I had a list of names and went through the store: 1 of them, 3 of them, ooh 1 of them - and at the check-out a little boy behind me said 'woah! that's a trolley full'. He was right :D I called at HQ on way home and had a cuppa with m&d. Mum said 'are you ready for Christmas?' and I said 'More than I was an hour ago!' lol

I then surprised myself by calling at the garage on my way home and booking in Pip to be seen tomorrow: orange light on dashboard, heater dial stuck at halfway and fan won't work on No1 - dial and fan been like it since summer, but it was ignorable then, not so much this past week:eek: brrrr (They are lovely at the garage, but I still avoid going)

I guess what I am feeling is 'on track'. It has to be a guess as it's not a feeling that I'm on first-name terms with :rotfl:

Sorry so many of you are going through a tough time. I'm sure a lovely flylady (maybe more than one :o )has been sending me 'you can do this' vibes so I'd like to repay the favour and send some positive/ healing / loving / huggy vibes out to anyone who needs or wants them.

Much love, lovely ladies

Rx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income