travel documents uk

Options
Hi All and good afternoon...

Been trying to get an answer from easyjet but no joy!

I've booked a flight for my daughter (age 24 uk national) flying from Bristol to Glasgow next week, she doesn't have access to her passport it's been sent away for a visa application. What other document can she use (doesn’t have a driving license) the only thing she has with a picture is her 18-24 railcard, would this be acceptable?

Many thanks

S

Comments

• DavidFx
    DavidFx Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/travel-documentation?link%253Dmeganav

ID for UK domestic flights - what can you take?
    If you are flying within the UK you must be able to identify yourself with a form of photographic ID. Here's a list to show you what forms will be accepted at check-in:
    • A valid passport - an expired passport can be used up to a maximum of five years after expiry
    • Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
    • Valid photographic driving licence, provisional or full
    • Valid armed forces identity card
    • Valid police warrant card/badge
    • Valid airport employees security identity pass
    • CitizenCard
    • Valid photographic firearm certificate
    • Valid Government-issued identity card
    • SMART card
    • Electoral identity card
    • Pension Book (the only acceptable form of non-photographic identification)
    Passengers must present one of the above forms of valid photographic identification on all UK domestic flights. No other forms of photographic identification are accepted. If you do not have one of the above means of identification, easyJet cannot accept you for travel.

Does she have an expired passport?
  • sandy0
    sandy0 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes she does have an old passport will that do?

Thanks

S
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    sandy0 wrote: »

Thanks

S

If it's on their acceptable ID list, yes.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Best to get your daughter to confirm as soon as possible exactly when the old passport expired just in case it's more than 5 years ago.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options

Thanks

S
    Try reading the first bullet point in the very helpful reply.
  • sandy0
    sandy0 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your sarcastic reply...I did I was more looking for confirmation with anyone with hands on experience of my issue and not to be spoken to like a petulant child!
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did I was more looking for confirmation with anyone with hands on experience of my issue!

Seriously that info was from easyjets website so how much more info did you need?
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2017 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Thanks for your sarcastic reply...I did I was more looking for confirmation with anyone with hands on experience of my issue and not to be spoken to like a petulant child!
    Well I could have said they let me on board with a bus pass in 1994 but I'd suggest a link to the airline concerned and absolute clarity about the acceptability of passports declined or otherwise is going to be superior in every way.

Petulant child? I'm not sure you're grown up enough to get on a plane alone.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 July 2017 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Blight it. I'm the only person in the house who can cop a plane. Husband can't drive, lads likewise so I'd better sort them Some kind of ID. Validate, here I come (clutching money & countersigned photocopies...)

Smartcard is a bit vague these days - they surely can't mean this sort of thing has the same oomph as an old passport?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks

S

If the passport expired near the maximum time allowed that would be when your daughter was 19, so it would have had a photo taken when she was 14. Makes you wonder how many people look identifiable from a photo on a previous passport.

But yes, if it is in the rules it is allowed.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure