What puts you off?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's true but as not everybody is looking for a shag monster, it might be counterproductive.

I suppose you could say the same thing about weight though. By claiming to be slimmer than you are, you risk putting off the genuine chubby chasers.
    I admit to not having any full length pics on my dating site. Mainly as i did not want to attract chubby chasers :eek: I once had a guy ask me if i;d like to eat in front of him whilst he...well yeah. He got blocked swiftly. There was another who asked me if i'd dress up in latex for him. That was another no :eek:
  • beautiful_ravens
    Options
    Men who eat disgustingly, and sometimes even uncouth ways of holding a fork, anything that resembles shovelling, food caught in beards, slurping noises, dribbling, speaking with food in mouth etc.

Cruelty or meanness of any type to animals - years ago I was going out with a nice enough guy, went to his house for a while and he had a lovely german shepherd dog, which he punched in the nose. I was quite young - looking back I wish Id said or done something as I would now, but I was a it scared. I didnt go out with him again.

Then theres another ex, who I caught addressing my dogs with the c word one day when he didn't know I was round the corner and could hear him. I was so offended, and confronted him, and he bizarrely said it was a term of endearment.

Men who have trust issues, keep secrets and let you know theyre keeping secrets, are brick walls, dont really listen, never apologise, put you between themselves and their own mother like a barrier, put you down, disagree with everything you say, furtively watch their ex when wearing mirror sunglasses...I should stop now.
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • Brightonsbest_2
    Options
    When I was younger, from my first date at the age of 12, I would make sure that the GF was clean, tidy, nice dress sense, not loud, cheap, cheap accent, no smoke/drink, live in a coucil home, had working parents that were not sperated, nice family, educated to nice standard, not taller than me, no tattoos and a homes girly who's eyes did no wonder
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When I was younger, from my first date at the age of 12, I would make sure that the GF was clean, tidy, nice dress sense, not loud, cheap, cheap accent, no smoke/drink, live in a coucil home, had working parents that were not sperated, nice family, educated to nice standard, not taller than me, no tattoos and a homes girly who's eyes did no wonder

I take it you didnt have many girlfriends then.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »

A tad uncalled for!
    Hard to criticise a policy of quality over quantity.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Then theres another ex, who I caught addressing my dogs with the c word one day when he didn't know I was round the corner and could hear him. I was so offended, and confronted him, and he bizarrely said it was a term of endearment.

It could be to be honest, it's almost said as a confirmation they've reached a certain level of friendship. I know people who call their friends this but wouldn't dream of saying it to someone they didn't know. Depends how it was said though and saying it to a dog is a little strange.
    Judi wrote: »

His post is no more ridiculous than some of the others on here. As I said previously though, dating is the one area you can be as prejudice as you want, for now at least.
  • Brightonsbest_2
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    A tad uncalled for!
    Hard to criticise a policy of quality over quantity.

Many thanks. A bit like people with lots of so-called friends, then when push to comes to shove, no real friends.

I've only had three proper GF's - first, met at 12, stayed togehter until she was 16 and me 14 and the family move away to Newzealand, then my ex wife I met when I was 16, got married at 21, then caughter her out cheat and then remarried the current wive.

Many thanks again
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Many thanks. A bit like people with lots of so-called friends, then when push to comes to shove, no real friends.

I've only had three proper GF's - first, met at 12, stayed togehter until she was 16 and me 14 and the family move away to Newzealand, then my ex wife I met when I was 16, got married at 21, then caughter her out cheat and then remarried the current wive.

Many thanks again

Why is spelling such a no- no in your posts?
  • svain
    svain Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    Why is spelling such a no- no in your posts?

I dont think English is his first language (i might be wrong)
  • jamiehelsinki
    Options
    svain wrote: »
    I dont think English is his first language (i might be wrong)

You also have the problem of auto correct text which changes what you write.

If your using a full size computer screen and have plenty of time to read what you write it's easy to correct but if your posting on a smart phone and short of time, it's difficult.

I just corrected what I wrote above because my phone had completely changed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure