To stooze or not to stooze ?

just sorted myself out so that everything I owe is on 0% cards and m about to SBT my Egg Anniversary offer.

The thing is it leaves me with about £3000 unused on my limit.

is it advisable to stooze this or not ?

Cheers

LPL.

Comments

• Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    LPL wrote:
    just sorted myself out so that everything I owe is on 0% cards and m about to SBT my Egg Anniversary offer.

The thing is it leaves me with about £3000 unused on my limit.

is it advisable to stooze this or not ?

Cheers

LPL.

£3000 stoozed over 5 months (anniversary offer) would earn you about £60 before tax, so that is the upside. Check that you don't have any BT fees to pay, otherwise that will pretty much wipe out your £60 !

The other big consideration is really down to you ... it depends on what sort of attention to detail you have and whether you will feel tempted to spend the money. There is a lot of information on MSE about stoozing (see Martin's articles linked above). There is also a specific Risks section on the stoozing website.

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • LPL
    LPL Posts: 6 Forumite
    Cheers for that. I've no BT fees to pay.

I've got myself sorted for the first time ever and now i'm on the ball with everything logged down.

it's time I made some money from the banks at last instead of the other way around....
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You should be OK then, but don't let down your guard. Make absolutely certain you know the date when the 0% ends etc etc etc

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • LPL
    LPL Posts: 6 Forumite
    As I said I've done that (in triplicate :)) so I will ensure its all covered.

Thanks for the advice and help to you and everyone on the site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure