The Debt and I - Take 2

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    Options
    I have no idea what is happening, but started again. Hoping it won't happen again!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Sorry, had a few days off MSE. Still a bit gutted at the loss of the diary and didn’t have too much to report on the money front.

Majority of DD have now gone out. The last thing to go out will be my mobile phone at £30.50 then I will make a CC payment. Going for; half to my CC and the rest to me.

Me and my OH sat down to talk about money on Tuesday. We worked out how much we earn between us, how much debt we have and how much we have left over once our essentials go out.

The numbers were horrifying! :eek:

At the moment, I transfer an agreed sum to my OH, who then pays all the bills. The bills are all in his name as I only moved in with him and he wanted to keep the bills in his name and handle it all.

We then have separate bank accounts for everything else and we are responsible for our own spending.

I worked out that if we combined our incomes then my income (£1,336) would cover: all the essential bills, my direct debits (phone, gym and football season ticket) and then all my OH direct debits (phone, car insurance, road tax..)

This would then mean that my OH wage would be left! My OH earns (£1,749, after tax!) and this money could be allocated to debt, savings and everything else, however, I can’t seem to get him on board.

I think because he earns more than me that he wants to keep it separate.. he thinks he can manage stuff on his own but he knows his management of money is poor..
  • jemreading
    Options
    Spent £10.77 on travel toiletries today. I didn’t really want to but knew the spend would happen eventually.

Having friends over on Saturday night, we are all making food and everyone is chipping in with money! :) so I’ll get to see people and not have to leave the house.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Food shopping was £60.50 but that includes £16.15 worth of stuff for tonight (I'm hosting), however, everyone who is coming is chipping in equally and paying £3.25p per person which will go back to the shopping fund.

I spent £14 on a taxi today, and again, two people owe me £3.50 from that so that will come back next week.

Small win, decided to only take out £270 for my holiday so I left £30 in my savings pot. I'm also at £10.34 on PA with £3.15 pending. I may cash this out soon and send it to my new savings account.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Absolutely shattered now, it's been a non-stop day.

Plans for tomorrow include: lie in, washing up, surveys and gym. It should be a NSD :D
  • jemreading
    Options
    The lie in and the dishes are complete. I!!!8217;m currently eating cookie dough ice cream with a plan to hit the gym later on :D

Dinner for tonight is left overs from last night, which means no cooking and just heating things up.

I also sent £50 to my savings and have £100 left for the month. I have a leaving drinks to attend next week and then we are away the week after so as Feb is a short month I have allocated £100 to see me through.

I need to check PA for my surveys but OH is currently on the computer and I can!!!8217;t do surveys on my phone! If no more come though I will cash out what I have left, leave in what is pending and rebuild from there.

I also have £11.67 on topcashback, but probably won!!!8217;t get that until April
  • jemreading
    Options
    I have had bad chest pains all day, hoping it will go away soon.

I have spent: £2.50 cash on breakfast for the week (out the shopping budget as I can only buy this from T) and £10.60 in Marks and Sparkles but this did include two mothers day cards at £2.75 each. and a £3.50 gluten free cake for my work colleagues who were looking after me today during chest pain crisis.

Aiming for a NSD tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. I have a planned spend day on Friday with a budget of £25.

i now have a balance of £12.04 on PA with £2.90 pending :D Did a nice survey during my lunch break for £1.25 - every little helps.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I!!!8217;m currently in work and have managed not to spend anything today. I have pasta salad for lunch with a pack of crisps and some water.

I!!!8217;m working later as I!!!8217;ll be going to a gym class at 7pm and it doesn!!!8217;t finish until 7:45pm. Late dinner and then bed for me!

No surveys on PA at the moment.
  • jemreading
    Options
    i spent £5 yesterday.. on food. I am sensing a pattern in my spending and the majority of it is food related (even though I already have food!)

NSD today as I will now be in the house all day. I had one meeting and now I am working from home until 4/4:30 with no plans for the rest of the evening.

I had £13.29 in my PA so I have now requested that gets sent to across, I will then add to my savings account. I have £1.65 pending and will re-build from there.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I am not sure if anyone will see this, however, my post count has gone back up and I have checked.. my old diary is now back.. I am very confused!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure