Northern rock mortgage

Hi we had a northern rock mortgage in 2001 does anybody know if we would of paid ppi and do you think it would be worth pursuing tia

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    does anybody know if we would of paid ppi

We dont have access to your bank statements. So, we are none the wiser than you.

Statistically, most mortgages did not have MPPI. However, most MPPI complaints are rejected. Most NR mortgages were done via mortgage brokers and 2001 is pre-regulation. So, there are some odds for you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I know u don’t have access to my bank statements what I was trying to say was does anybody know if I would of typically had ppi on my mortgage when I took it out in 2001 and we did go through a broker but they aren’t trading anymore just like northern rock isn’t
  • Are the odds in my favour or against me thanks
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 12:21AM
    If you went through a broker in 2001, they wouldn't have been regulated. Forget about it.

I see they are no longer trading. Doubly forget about it, you have no-one to complain to.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Shazzmc wrote: »
    Are the odds in my favour or against me thanks
    100% against you. Sorry.
  • dunstonh
    2001 and we did go through a broker

game over. Brokers were regulated in Jan 2005. On the plus side, the vast majority of broker sales are not considered missold as regular premium PPI is how it should be set up and it is still sold that way today.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I would say don't give up - have it investigated - although I do tend to concur with the comments above - Northern Rock have been one of the better companies dealing with PPI complaints - for instance they sent me a letter stating that I had had PPI on my mortgage and that if I could give a valid reason this was missold I would be entitled to a refund - no questionnaires necessary - I replied that I was employed at the point of sale and would have received 6 months full sick pay, due to exclusions in the policy I would not have received any money in the event of a sickness/injury claim - a few weeks later they sent me a refund cheque for £3700.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Jam01 wrote: »
    I would say don't give up - have it investigated
    I don't think Shazzmc will read your response fully eight months after he made it.
  • dunstonh
    I would say don't give up - have it investigated - although I do tend to concur with the comments above - Northern Rock have been one of the better companies dealing with PPI complaints

The OP didnt buy PPI from Northern Rock. So, why are you suggesting they give it a go?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure