I want to stop drowning

Comments

• I think carrying on doing your best to economise and taking it one month at a time is the best you can do. As long as you are paying minimums and the debt is coming down it is going in the right direction.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I’ve had a bit of a funny day today and burst out crying once I got in from the school run. I think I needed a good cry. Have pulled myself together and am just going to try and be frugal and keep reminding myself it will hopefully financially get easier! Thanks for everyone’s support, I really do appreciate it and value your comments.
  • :( Sorry you upset and hope you feel better this morning. Onwards and upwards as they say and it will get easier as you make the new adjustments. Do some nice free things for yourself to relax when you can like listening to music, watching a Christmas movie or going for a walk. Life cannot be all about debt busting.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    :( Sorry you upset and hope you feel better this morning. Onwards and upwards as they say and it will get easier as you make the new adjustments. Do some nice free things for yourself to relax when you can like listening to music, watching a Christmas movie or going for a walk. Life cannot be all about debt busting.

Thanks, I feel a bit better today and have sorted my spreadsheets out. Once all the transfers are complete it means everything is on 0% or low Apr rates for a while. The only one that isn’t is the nuba which is 0% until Apr 18 with a balance of £1590... that’s going to be my focus. I feel more focused. I also had an assessment this morning for my mental health and am getting help so think/hope this will help.

I do have plans from this eve and all weekend which will all involve money but it’s all been allocated so as long as I stick to the budget, hopefully it will be ok!
  • Glad your feeling a bit brighter today and have managed to sit and look at finances. Try and have a nice weekend.xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • debtaghh
    I was under budget at the Xmas fayre and my meal out. I confidently asked for tap water to save money.

Dh and I had a chat earlier and realised that hopefully if all goes to plan and no nasty surprises come then after the first six months things should get easier financially. It’s going to be a long bumpy road and I think I will be known as Mrs tight/stingy/savy but if it gets me out of debt I don’t care.
  • The little bits really do add up and make a huge difference and breaking those 6 months down into smaller steps will really help.
    My friend works in the NHS and sees patients every 12 weeks. So, two cycles of that is very nearly 6 months. Break it down into little, manageable, achievable chunks.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    The little bits really do add up and make a huge difference and breaking those 6 months down into smaller steps will really help.
    My friend works in the NHS and sees patients every 12 weeks. So, two cycles of that is very nearly 6 months. Break it down into little, manageable, achievable chunks.

Thanks, I will def be breaking it down into months. I agree that all the little bits do add up , it’s taking me years to realise that! I used to think I’m in loads of debt what’s an extra fiver but if you think that every time....
  • debtaghh
    Morning,

I’m out all weekend but I’m going to put it here to help me stick to my budget! Today I’m hoping to spend no more than £15, I need to post my business items but won’t include the postage cost as that’s business related. Tomorrow I’m going to go food shopping with my £35 budget and am out for breakfast so am allocating £20 ( the whole fam is going but kids eat free).

I’m hoping to have a nice weekend and fairly chilled without having to do many jobs as I feel pretty exhausted.

Bonus about this weekend is we are eating at friends today and apart from the brekkie out, we are eating at a familiy member’s for lunch/ dinner tomorrow.

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You are sounding more upbeat these past couple of days , which is good to hear. Enjoy your busy weekend and the company , hope you can stay in budget.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback