Small Biz needs help chossing a stakeholder pension provider

Options
Our small (but rapidly growing) Ltd company has just taken on it's 5th employee and I am conscious that I need to set up a stake holder pension for them to access. Have been on the Government Pension Regulator website which gives a list of the forty or so providers...but which one do I chose? How do I chose? I think it's very unlikely that any employee will join up (all young and not much disposable income - pensions probably last priority!) but none the less, I would like to pick a good provider.

Any advice would be appreciated...

looneyleo

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do what most firms do. Allocate a provider to comply with your requirements but as you arent paying anything into the pension, tell your employees that its best if they pick their own provider if they want a pension.

The definition of good provider would depend on a range of things. ie. online submission of employees details, integration with your payroll as well as fund options and charges.

To be honest, as a zero contribution from the company is the case, I wouldnt waste your time at this stage. Just pick a provider and be done with it. In the unlikely event you ever do get an employee that wants you to deduct from their payslip, you can always do it then. Plus in 2012, its all changing anyway. Although this is something you will need to keep an eye on as there may be benefits to sorting out and making employer contributions before those rules come in.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • looneyleo
    looneyleo Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Dunstonh. Wont make heavy weather of it then. Will just pick one of the big boys and get on with the rest of the in tray!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure