PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

solicitor fees

We found the property we are going to buy, It is £136K and we have the 5% deposit (£6800).
The survey will be £285 but I am not sure about the solicitor fees, I think it shoud be £300 maxi, what do you think?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Omertron
    Omertron Posts: 574 Forumite
    I had a fixed fee solicitor and paid £495 inc VAT + searches.
    - = I also recognise the Robins and beep for them = -
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I paid 400 + vat & searches, + stamp duty
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,805 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Buying is a lot more expensive than selling! To buy, my solicitor charges

£570 inc VAT
    £250 searches
    £150 Land Registry Fees
    £30 Funds Transfer

Price isn't the best thing to go for with solicitors either. Make sure you go with the one that treats you well when you enquire. A good solicitor is worth every penny and you only realise that when you're unfortunate enough to be the one whose solicitor is holding things up. :o
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • magali
    magali Posts: 136 Forumite
    Ok ,I will look at a £1000 maxi.
    Many thanks for your help.
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ours is 974 all in and it's slightly more expensive than North Yorkshire Law usually charge because it's on a no sale, no fee fixed price deal.
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure