Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I hope that it is as super sunny and springlike with you as it is here in Shropshire and that you are soon feeling well and back to your usual cheery self, pain and tiredness can drag us down so much, yay to Mr Cheery for surviving the tears and packing you off for bath and bed, lots of brownie points (or cake) for him.

Have a great time with your mum and don't forget to schedule some rest into your busy schedule.

MM xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Aw, isn't he lovely! And maybe now that the stuff you were going to do with your mum isn't *quite* so pressing, you can potter round a few cafes together? Here's hoping :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thank you lovely ladies :kisses3:

Mr Cheery has gone off to Hull to see his dad, and I've washed the kitchen window, put some bread in the machine, and for some bizarre reason the fancy took me to make a flan for lunch - something I've never done in my entire life :rotfl: Also making some flapjack to go in the oven at the same time :j

I'm blaming all this domestication on the apron I made last week :rotfl:

Listening to the omnibus of Home Front while I do it - LOVE that programme, have you heard it? It's a radio 4 series, been running since September, just 10 mins a day and follows the lives of a set of various ordinary people from 100 years ago as the first world war started. Really interesting. I usually download each omnibus of an hour or so at the end of the week and listen to it on my bike to work but quite enjoying pottering round the kitchen to it :)

Cheerful cheerful cheerful (for now, at least :rotfl: ) And even if I get less cheerful later, at least I'll have bread, and chickpea and mushroom flan, and flapjack :rotfl:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ...chickpea and mushroom flan...

mmmm - that sounds very interesting cheery - do you have a linkie to the recipe?:)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Cheery :)

Not heard the Home Front thing - thats one to bookmark, for sure, thanks.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Having a lovely weekend thanks :) My mum's just left - we've dug up most of the willow hedge, and planted a few herbs and flowers in the pots by the back door :) Garden looks all wrong with no boundary :eek: Wanted a picket fence but cheapest I can do seems to be £320 :eek: Going to investigate shrubs and just doing a few evergreen, a few flowering etc :)
  • Cheery_Daff
    No recipe for flan sadly RT, it's in the rose elliot cookbook though :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Bloody phone, won't let me edit anything!

Flan was just a shortcrust pastry base, then I fried chick peas and mushrooms and onion, put into cooked flan case, and then poured over a mix of egg, quark soft cheese and milk, and sprinkled a bit of cheese on top :j Probably cooked base on its own for too long but otherwise it was lovely :) Had it with boiled spuds and brocolli last night :j

Right, off to investigate shrubs :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Soooo tired this evening! Not surprising really :o :rotfl: Off out to Al Ateen, and then to a friend's birthday, which is nice, but I'm really rather tired :o

Just fiddled about in YNAB :j I confess I didn't really add enough to various budget categories this month so I'm swapping things round a bit, which is fine. And we're not scrimping too much on house/garden stuff at the minute - normally I'd add £100 a month to house maintenance but with roofers and plasterers etc and loads of paint etc we're going over that at the minute, but that's alright.

Was pleased with my mental arithmetic skills earlier at the garden centre :rotfl: Bought 4 herbs at £1.99 each, and 5 primroses at 80p each, and he charged me £13.90 :eek: Might not have caught it if he hadn't already overcharged the guy in front of me :eek: I did query it, and he said 'no, they're £1.50 each' but then I spied them on the way out and the WERE 80p so I went back - the other guy said 'they're 90p!'

For goodness sake! Nearly dragged them both out to look at their own sign :rotfl: But I got my £3.50 refund in the end :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Nothing much to report today. Not planning to go out so shouldn't be spending much :rotfl: Got someone coming to interview me for their PhD which will be interesting - instructive for me as I spend half my life doing the same so it's interesting how scary it is :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

Also feel bad that I don't have any biscuits - it's always much more fun turning up for an interview when people have got biscuits :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure