Declined everywhere I go

Options

Comments

• Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    Prepaid accounts do not do credit checks doesnt mean they dont do fraud checks. That seems to be the case here.

However, i will formally complain im just worried I wont get no where as this is a long and stressful process.
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can you not use a relative's account to have your wages paid into?

I work for a payroll bureau processing payrolls for numerous companies who have outsourced the task. This certainly IS an option & I've seen it many times.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not! They risk losing their account. If their bank sees a third party salary being paid in it will be closed and they too will find it hard to get another bank account.

All banks will have this in their terms and conditions when you open an account.

I don't know of any bank that has this in their terms and conditions. Can you name one, please? Also, how would the bank know that the salary is a "third party" one? They will only know where the money has come from, not who the intended payee is, if it isn't the account holder.
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    How do you know its ok to use a relatives account if my employer asks for my name and bank details when i was hired? Then again im not sure as i have bigger worries such as getting markers removed from my name.

What am i going to do if nationwide pops up on the report for marking me even though they denied placing any sort of marker against me?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    How do you know its ok to use a relatives account if my employer asks for my name and bank details when i was hired? Then again im not sure as i have bigger worries such as getting markers removed from my name.

What am i going to do if nationwide pops up on the report for marking me even though they denied placing any sort of marker against me?

Who is 'they' - which department in Nationwide have you spoken to? General phone operators won't have a clue why the account was closed.

It's the Nationwide Special Investigations Unit staff that will know the details.

Did Nationwide send you a letter?
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    Good point. It was customer service that told me the amount that was attempted to be deposited into my account. When i asked them if they had put a marker against me they denied it.

How do you contact the Nationwide special investigations staff?

I got a regular letter stating my account was going to be closed.
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    Just a thought:

What is the purpose of CIFAS giving you a report on what is held about you if banks arent allowed to disclose information about you? So once the CIFAS report arrives, what then? I will have to contact a bank that doesnt give me information and have already denied marking me...
  • Ed-1
    Options
    Just a thought:

What is the purpose of CIFAS giving you a report on what is held about you if banks arent allowed to disclose information about you? So once the CIFAS report arrives, what then? I will have to contact a bank that doesnt give me information and have already denied marking me...

If the CIFAS SAR shows that Nationwide have loaded an entry onto the National Fraud Database then Nationwide can't deny that they've done it! You've got physical proof that you can show them. They can then contact the department that will have put in on and you can take it from there.
  • Ed-1
    Options
    Good point. It was customer service that told me the amount that was attempted to be deposited into my account. When i asked them if they had put a marker against me they denied it.

How do you contact the Nationwide special investigations staff?

I got a regular letter stating my account was going to be closed.

Have you still got that 'regular letter'? Did it say which department it was from?

Was it similar to this one: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5383304
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options

The poster knows that it's ok because, as they explained, they work for payroll. So...get your wages paid into someone else's account, that way you have access to your wages. That gives you the time to go through the options available to you, as other members have explained. Good luck.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure