DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Comments

• January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Boldhoof wrote: »
    Offered them 65% of the debt, same as Tesco, both still hold the debt. Halifax letter was very short, just a refusal and we will continue with the recovery process.

Thanks Boldhoof. I won't hold my breath for a positive response from Hellifax then. We offered them less than 40%.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Thanks Boldhoof. I won't hold my breath for a positive response from Hellifax then. We offered them less than 40%.

It's never over til the plus sized lady sings! You've read on here before where you get different answers to the same question. Maybe February is your month:D
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    It's never over til the plus sized lady sings! You've read on here before where you get different answers to the same question. Maybe February is your month:D

Sazzie - I didn't realise I'd left my webcam on and you could see me;)

This plus size lady is warming up the pipes to sing loud and clear....just in case:rotfl:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Thanks Boldhoof. I won't hold my breath for a positive response from Hellifax then. We offered them less than 40%.

Our debt to Halifax is our lowest, and will be paid off in 5 years at current rate, maybe they are happy with that. You could get a positive response you never know.
  • :mad: Grr, the tinpot DCA have got my mobile number, which is a pain. How do these companies manage to send text messages without revealing their numbers. I can't block it without the number.

I must ring them immediately and it isn't a marketing matter.

OK, better do what they say ................................. :rotfl:
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My offer to H...X of around 40% was refused...it seems they are happy to take just over 7 years to recoup, as I'm only paying token payment but hey ho, it's their choice
    They did say I could always up my offer...... No thanks ;)
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,839 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    zenshi wrote: »
    My offer to H...X of around 40% was refused...it seems they are happy to take just over 7 years to recoup, as I'm only paying token payment but hey ho, it's their choice
    They did say I could always up my offer...... No thanks ;)

It's likley if you were dealing with a DCA instead, that offer may of been accepted.
    Something for you to ponder on !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    sourcrates wrote: »
    It's likley if you were dealing with a DCA instead, that offer may of been accepted.
    Something for you to ponder on !!

Not sure if I'm being a bit dense but surely that's out of my hands?! As far as I'm aware, it's a DCA but obviously on behalf of H...x
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • Karen777
    Karen777 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Hello
    I had constant Hellishness with Hellifax. They wouldn't stop interest, wouldn't accept f&f - every time I contacted them I was passed on the call centre merrigoround until I thought they were just trying to make me lose the will to live. A kind and close person offered to lend me the money to pay them off as I just could not cope with them. I think it's deliberate. They do not care. The amount of interest I have paid them over the years is staggering but they will never get another penny out of me or anyone that I know.

MBNA on the other hand accepted a f&f last week of just over 50% of outstanding debt. I couldn't believe it and was close to tears of gratitude over it! Just goes to show you never can tell.

Also all my insurances are on monthly payments - never had any issues there.
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2018 - 2500
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,839 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    zenshi wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm being a bit dense but surely that's out of my hands?! As far as I'm aware, it's a DCA but obviously on behalf of H...x

Full and final offers work best when accounts have been long defaulted, and sold on.
    To "encourage" a creditor to sell on a debt, you usually have to stop paying them, there are ways and means of doing things, they will keep accepting your token payments until they become tired of servicing the account, then hopefully get rid of it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure