Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,183 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You know although I worry about my mortgage when I reflect back to when I first joined MSE 10 years ago in February what a difference to my life.
    I was drowning in debt, my OD was always maxed out blah blah.
    I have been so very fortunate and met some amazing people on MSE who I consider to be good friends. I have even been lucky enough to meet some of them in real life.
    I salute you all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Snowing today & blowing a wee gale.:eek:
    A day in the hoose today I think.
    I should have gone to the library yesterday!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Awww .... mse makes a big difference, but because each step is small, we don't realise till we look back :)

You've got snow? I've just been out to get some fresh air, blue sky but very chilly - and I never go to the library these days, I won't till I retire, but I use the ebook service all the time. Between that and the kindle free ebooks, I'm well catered to - I'm reading The Hunger Games at the moment :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    I am reading the latest Ian Rankin.
    Love his books, always have & he is a Fifer too :j :j

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Beanielou

Sending hugs, hope you are bunkered down with Mr Rankin and plenty of supplies.

I find the only way sometimes to stop the :(:(:eek::o:o of our condition is to ground myself !

Love BM
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    Another great joins the great big party in the sky.
    Thanks so much Sir Terry. ������

• beanielou
    Bubblesmum----Just noticed that you are nearly under 1k----Gogirl :j :j

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Boo to all the falls Beanie and to the wind and snow. I'm not far from rainy Manchester and I'm sick to the back teeth of grey skies and rainy days but heartily pleased we've had no snow, gales or floods....... lol I've been and gone and tempted fate now haven't I - will be digging myself out of snow drifts............I hope not!!!!!!!

So pleased the painting is going in the right direction and that your ds has been taking you around. We have to get some major work done on the house this year - I think we need a damp course - several walls with mold and the whole wall in the hall is quite wet with paper really loose and hanging on with the paint around the edges..... I'm dreading it as it'll make a lot of mess as plaster is bound to be shot and need replacing. We've been putting it off but it's so bad now we can't ignore it any more.........
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Sorry to hear that about the damp Milan.
    Hope it is not as bad as you think nor to expensive.
    Do you not post on your diary now ?

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I opened a new one a couple of weeks ago Beanie - not very exciting just my ramblings......... but hopefully it might help me stay on track (or not but it's worth a go lol)
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure