IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks - Appeal Rejected - Any help appreciated, please.

1235»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    poadb wrote: »
    Should I post my results in the Decisions thread?

Yes please.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done!

Like Umkomaas and you, I found it hilarious she picked on that point, when the PCN was issued within weeks!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Someone I know has had a PCN from this car park and was unaware of the parking charges. If they appeal will the reduced £60 charge apply after the appeal is rejected or POPLA deal with it or will it then be £100 as 2 weeks has passed?
  • Coupon-mad
    It's always the full £100 when you appeal - same with any PCN, Council or private, the sum is the full sum. The ''discount'' only a bribe not to appeal, nothing more.

But in fact, it's zero so forget the bribe. No-one except numpty idiots pay Euro Car Parks.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's always the full £100 when you appeal - same with any PCN, Council or private, the sum is the full sum. The ''discount'' only a bribe not to appeal, nothing more.

But in fact, it's zero so forget the bribe. No-one except numpty idiots pay Euro Car Parks.

I personally have appealed in the past and won but I'm a little sceptical about this case as it was a clear breach of not paying. Also as the area is 50 miles away, they cannot easily get proof of poor signage etc.

This is the same car park as mentioned in this thread but they had more of a case basis with being told it was free after 6pm.

The only breach I can see in this case is that the registration is photographed and below the photo is a 'entry date and time' and the same for the 'exit' but this is not super-imposed onto the photo (as I have seen previously with images).
  • Coupon-mad
    No-one needs proof of unclear signs.

We often get people who live 200 miles away from Newquay where they were caught out while on holiday, and they still win at POPLA 99% of the time (regardless of any 'clear breach of not paying').

Your friend is most likely to win on something like 'no landowner authority' as ECP are not very good at showing landowner contracts with expiry dates and named signatories. Or maybe by showing that the 'date of issue' is wrong on the second letter, as discussed in lots of ECP threads.

Start a new thread with draft POPLA appeal
  • Hi guys,

I am also losoking for some help following receiving one of these PCNs. My wife parked in this car park to attend a birthday meal at the Waterfront restaurant TGI Fridays. Again she tells me the signs were unclear but that she was fairly sure that parking was free after 6pm. This was also upheld by the restaurants who did not validate anything for her. She is adamant that this was the case. She left just after 9pm. I haven’t been there myself so do not know the exact signs and how clear it is but after hearing her disbelief in the fine and by reading your posts and the positive outcome from appeal, I wonder whether ii should either not pay the fine as it is simply a parking charge notice or whether I should be writing a letter as was discussed earlier?

This is just unwanted stress from a private company, not even the police or council for once! I appreciate your time and guidance.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    This is not your thread. Forum requirements - one case, one thread.

Please first read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which will tell you how to deal with this. Only after reading the sticky, start a new thread of your own if you can’t progress, even with all the information already provided in the sticky.

Please note - it is not a ‘skim-read’!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport